Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Corolla W58814 Oem Radio Cd Changer Port

hi,

anyone know if this radio has a cd changer port and if so what kind of connection is it? is it a 12 pin connector?

anyone got a picture of the rear of this radio?

thanks

The unit does have a cd changer port. However, unless you are looking for a OEM cd changer you will struggle to find an adapter cable.

I have been looking for one for my head unit W58810. They have the same connection.

See this thread http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=40576 where I have located an adapter but can't get the company to respond.

The connection is a 12 pin connector. Have a look here http://www.discountcarstereo.com/detail.aspx?ID=705 the socket on the head unit takes the connector on the right hand side of the picture.

• 4 weeks later...

Hmm, doesn't have the same connectors as mine. However, these are the standard Toyota cd changer connectors:

toymini.jpg

The connector on the left looks similar to yours. I have the one on the right on my W58810.

Looks like you've got the 12-pin row of 5 over row of 7!

I've been lookin for adapters for this as I was thinkin of using an mp3 changer but damned if I can find one! Everything seems to point to changing the headunit- don't want to do that, lets face it- who's gonna break in2 my car for the standard Toyota headunit

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I believe the unit does tho getting it out is very very hard.

This is a picture of mine taken when an audio dealer had it out:

pic-003-640.jpg

One of the unused ports looks exactly like the small 12 pin connection pictured above. My unit is the model mentioned (W58814) and is in a brand new car.