Do Not Sell My Personal Information

When Does Warranty Run Out

edli83

Hi, I've just joined the club and bought a 53 plate yaris TS, wondering if anyone know if it still has warranty on it? (Its done 30k mileage).

Thanks

Ed

Toyota GB website states the following:

3 Year mechanical warranty:

3 years or 60,000 miles whichever comes first, covering your car against the unlikely event of a mechanical fault attributable to a manufacturing defect - includes full RAC recovery service for the first 12 months.

3 Year paintwork & surface rust warranty:

3 years unlimited mileage cover protecting against defects and surface rust occurring as a result of a manufacturing defect.

12 Year anti-corrosion & perforation warranty:

12 years unlimited mileage cover* protecting against rust perforation affecting any sheet metal body panel occurring as a result of a manufacturing fault, transferable to subsequent owners.

This will be from the date of 1st registration. (or if pre-registered by a dealer.. from the original point of sale.)

To keep the warranty you don't need to take it to toyota.. any garage will do.. as long as they use GENUINE TOYOTA PATRS.. anything else will invalidate what is left of your warranty.

hmmmz in that case, i may take it to toyota for its 30k service, anyone know what kind of prices im looking at?

They vary from garage to garage apparently so you'll have to ring up and enquire probably. You do get discounts from some dealerships if you are a Gold Member on here which costs £25

Also if it is nearly at/at the 30k service interval wouldnt Toyota have done it? (thats me assuming you got it from MrT tho) When I gave my T3 in for Part-Ex to get the Blue she was due for a years service and they did it before they sold her on.

Edli83 - I just had my 30k service on Saturday but that also included the MOT. With one dodgy window wiper I was shelling out about £130 just for the service and oil n stuff.

See if you can scrounge up a bottle of oil; I was charged £18.50 + VAT for 3.5 Litres of Havoline XI.

Anybody know of any probs in taking your own oil in???

You could probably get 2 services worth of oil for the same cash :P

53 is Sept 1st 2003-February 28th 2004, so it'll run out on the respective date it was first registered (as cfc1 just mentioned!) in either end 2006 or beginning 2007 so you have plenty of warranty left my dear!

30k service is just intermediate as well so about £100 I think is average, but it does depend which Toyota dealer you visit! :thumbsup:

got it privately on the weekend for 6k, didnt realise it might have warranty until today.

Probz just gonna take it to my local toyota garage in the weekend, thanks for the help guys!

Ed