Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blockades Planned

cfc1

Wednesday. Thursday and Friday of this week there are fuel blockades planned across the UK. If you take your minds back 5 years you will know what could happen... so get your cars filled up ASAP.

The government has a deadline of 6am Wednesday before the demonstrations start.

I know that the BP in Grangemouth (6 miles from me) is getting targated for demonstrations, and that fuel is going to be limited to emergency service vehicles only.

story here

another here and here

I read in the paper today that it's thought there will be a presence of protesters around the refineries but they will still let tankers go in and out..

I'm only 5 miles from the Shell Haven Coryton Refineries at Stanford/Corringham too.

I filled my bike up today and had to wait in a huge queue at Tesco's :(

I counted atleast 40 cars in front.

It was the most it's ever costed to fill the bike up - £25 :eek: I remember when I could fill my car up from empty for £20 (was a metro though :) )

Morrisons was exceptionally busy at lunchtime today when i went to get food...

not that i like mozzas petrol... but hey :P

am gonna try n fill Skye up tonight... she is getting low after a weekend of mileage

£25 to fill up a bike?!?!

The world has gone mad!

Luckily I got my fuel in Saturday, so have a full tank in my car.

Thought about taking my 20litre jerry can, but then would be stooping to the level of panic buying, when there's no need for 3 days worth of blockades. Can't see it doing too much damage myself really...

i have a full tank....

unfortuantly, i have to drive to Hemel Hempstead, Loughborough, Hatfield, maidenhead and more for work over the next few days... that could be interesting..

£25 to fill up a bike?!?!

The world has gone mad!

Luckily I got my fuel in Saturday, so have a full tank in my car.

Thought about taking my 20litre jerry can, but then would be stooping to the level of panic buying, when there's no need for 3 days worth of blockades. Can't see it doing too much damage myself really...

I normally use a jerry can, but decided I would look like a panic buyer so just went on the bike instead. But the orange light had been on, on the bike for a good while, couldn't see any fuel in the tank! I didn't even think the bike would hold 25 litres, must check that out to see if Tescos are ripping me off. it was 95p /Litre so more or less a £1 /litre. Just going off to check out how much my bike is supposed to hold.....

I have heard reports of que's today already from site people that are coming in and out - i have to say though i wont be filling the mr2 until she runs out - whether i have to que or go without i dont care - the protest is worth it - we all complain about petrol prices but then complain when some action is taken to try and get them down! <_<

If i had the day off work i would join the protest! :yes:

oh if this doesnt something about it.. im all for it.... just I kinda like having my car able to go places.... and its not as if i can blag time off work feigning 'i cant get there' :P cause its walkable (granted about an hours walk)

*is getting a push bike for my birthday methinks :P

Huge que at Tescos this afternoon! Told my dad on friday to fill up and he took my advice. The Tesco near us ran out a few times last week!

Filled my car up friday night, cant remember how much it was but it went down from the week before! :D Which was spot on! (first time driving in the dark too!!! :hokus-pokus: )

Dont think it will do too much damage, being only 3 days but i hope it does!!!

:wacko: seems as though a lot of people are behind it :D

as long as it doesnt inconveniance them :wacko:

ime self employed if i run out of juice i will leave the van where it stops, sod the inconveniance i am sick of being ripped off :ffs: :censor: :censor:

I needed to fill up on Sat so I got a full tank.......hopefully it will last for a good week and a half!

I also read in the newspaper (Daily Mail) that there not blocking all refineries but certain ones on different days!

So I dont think that there is going to be any problems........apart from the STUPID panic buying!

It won't work. Don't these people learn anything. It will only annoy and inconvenience the public

I refuse to panic buy, I dont have to because I'm one of the silly morons who only travels 6 miles a day and I have half a tank which will last me to the end of the month no problem.....

I've seen the queues already though and I just dont wanna go there, but I know some people (like my Rich who travels silly mileage) have no choice and I feel really sorry for those people who are stuck behind silly morons like me who are panic buying even though they dont have to! :rolleyes:

i wont panic buy because then im paying the over priced price we pay now instead of the cheaper prices we will hopefully have in a few days, yep the tight side shines thru once again,

It won't work. Don't these people learn anything. It will only annoy and inconvenience the public

at least they are doing SOMETHING :censor:

next time you go into the shops and find that the cost of your shopping has gone up by 10% just remember dont complain gordy u didnt want your life inconvenianced when people were trying to do something about it :censor:

these hauliers are desperate mate they have contracts to deliver goods at a certain price and now there fuel bills are flying through the roof :ffs:

would u be so lethargic if the government took an extra ten pounds out of every £100 U EARNED :eek:

dont think so :thumbsup:

would u be so lethargic if the government took an extra ten pounds out of every £100 U EARNED :eek:

And what do you think they will do when they loose millions of revenue from less tax on fuel, they will get the money from us one way or another - if this means increase in tax on your pay then thats what they will do

I don't like or can afford the prices either BUT face the facts - It didn't work last time and the Goverment isn't up for re-election anytime soon..............

I have written to my MP (not that I expect that to shake his iron will) but I will not join in a blockade for what would be a waste of my time. - Harsh but true.

What are we supposed to do - riot and scream at the MP's - If they wish to lower the prices then I for one want that..................But I ain't gonna get arrested for forcing the issue MATE.

Be realistic not just optimistic................

It will take a lot more than angry drivers to shake the Government. FACT.

AND NONE OF THE FACTS MAKE ME HAPPY - So there............... :yes:

And what do you think they will do when they loose millions of revenue from less tax on fuel, they will get the money from us one way or another - if this means increase in tax on your pay then thats what they will do

Quite - For what they could give us back on fuel duty we have to be prepared to pay for it elsewhere............ :wacko:

I really dont care :D If my company car runs out of petrol (3 quarters of a tank left) then i simply cant and wont go to work ;) :lol:

i thought i had kicked em in the nuts by packing in smoking!!

but then they added tax on tampons LOL

ime self employed if i run out of juice i will leave the van where it stops, sod the inconveniance i am sick of being ripped off :ffs:  :censor:  :censor:

My point exactly!

Everyone is complaining and then saying oh but if it works then great

and 'oh i wont panic buy - but filled my tank! WTF? hw is that not panic buying?

People need to stop taking this lying down, britain has been ripped-off for too long, - please suggest another way that is more effective to get the message across than bringing the country to a standstill? if you can then im all for that aswell! :yes:

i thought i had kicked em in the nuts by packing in smoking!!

but then they added tax on tampons LOL

You pay tax on tampons? :eek: I never knew that!

I shant ask how you know that Steve..... you buy them for the missus right? :lol:

ime self employed if i run out of juice i will leave the van where it stops, sod the inconveniance i am sick of being ripped off :ffs:  :censor:  :censor:

My point exactly!

Everyone is complaining and then saying oh but if it works then great

and 'oh i wont panic buy - but filled my tank! WTF? hw is that not panic buying?

People need to stop taking this lying down, britain has been ripped-off for too long, - please suggest another way that is more effective to get the message across than bringing the country to a standstill? if you can then im all for that aswell! :yes:

I think people would try something if it would do any good, rip off britain isnt just about motoring its everything, electrcal gear DVDs CDs you name it we pay more over here.

Beer and !Removed! is another example, why dont people stop drinking for a week

The prob is you dont hurt the gov you hurt the people whose trade this is.

The fuel protests wont hurt the gov, like what is happening now people are stocking up with fuel, so they are getting the revenue. the only people to get hurt is joe blogs who looses out selling fuel for a few days and can potentialy damage his buisness. Same as if you stopped buying beer the pubs would loose out not the gov.

Maybe bringing London to a standstill would be better if its on their doorstep they would see it.

They would still hit joe public else where so you might find you are actually worse off than now, ie VAT rises income tax rises, VAT on gas elecrtric ect may increase.

Where as if joe public is skint we have to tighten the purse strings, the gov just reach out and take more from us.

Im all for bringing the cost down on motoring ect but not at the expense of large increases elsewhere, 80% of the public use motoring for pleasure, I dont mind paying extra on things in my control - its my choice to run a car ect same as drinking and smoking its choice.

Just my 2 pence worth as I believe joe bloggs will be worse off if the gov reduce tax on fuel