Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blockades Planned

cfc1

i wont panic buy because then im paying the over priced price we pay now instead of the cheaper prices we will hopefully have in a few days, yep the tight side shines thru once again,

My opinion exactly, although I admit to getting a free fill from my Dad's tank when I was down at the weekend...

Still got another 450 miles (almost 2 weeks worth) left so I should be okay ;)

A

I do 600 miles a week, I therfore have enough fuel left for one and a half days, Im refusing to panick buy. having just returned through town its full of the Petrol panick plonkers, they are queing for about half a mile at one petrol station.

Why bother???? if they really are going to blockade, then we will all run out sooner or later!

(Just have to make sure I run out near home!!LOL)

Edited by dave5282

Went to the petrol station in Anfield, next to my school today. Cars all over the place, big queue down the road. Poor bloke behind the till looked exhausted.

petrol station man: "There's no need for panic buying"

driver: "When's you're next delivery mate?"

petrol station man: "Tomorrow... (sighs) There's no need for panic buying!"

I gave the guy my bottle of water and asked for a pack of cigars. As he totted it up on the till...

petrol station man: "Paying for any juice mate?"

me: "No thanks, just those"

petrol station man: "Well you're the only one who isn't!"

Had to take my Mum to a Friends house earlier on and there was a queue of at least 15 cars onto the main road at the Petrol Station at the top of the road..came back 5 minutes later and it was still around the same length... :wacko:

I do admit to having a look to see how many miles I'd done since filling up, it was 57 so I'm fine for another 2 weeks :yes:

just spent 40 min queuing up to fill up 'me maa's caaa' (said in a pikey stylie)

I think i have sold my tubby at the right time me reckons..

We are all filled up 2 X mkiii supra @ £65 each..

Dad's S class @ £110 :blink:

Mum's Sl @ £70

we were going to fill up some of the other cars but never got around to it <_< Too late now!

Dad's S class @ £110  :blink:

Mum's Sl @ £70

we were going to fill up some of the other cars but never got around to it  <_<  Too late now!

£310 on fuel... :!Removed!:

I filled up this morning, but only because Lee kindly phoned me to let me know the M4 was chocker on my way home (thanks hun) and I didn't want to be stranded on a packed motorway!

People should stop and think that all this panic buying is actually playing into the governments hands. Record amounts of people are filling up at the pumps when prices are at an all time high. Can just see them rubbing their hands together in glee now.

Mum's Sl @ £70

we were going to fill up some of the other cars but never got around to it  <_<  Too late now!

£310 on fuel... :shutit:

I filled up this morning, but only because Lee kindly phoned me to let me know the M4 was chocker on my way home (thanks hun) and I didn't want to be stranded on a packed motorway!

People should stop and think that all this panic buying is actually playing into the governments hands. Record amounts of people are filling up at the pumps when prices are at an all time high. Can just see them rubbing their hands together in glee now.

My thoughts exactly Caz..... thats why I refuse to panic - if I cant get to work, well I'm sure there is an office contingency plan, like when the weather was bad and it was forecast bad snow and ice, the bosses told us if it was bad to work from home, so if worse comes to worse I can do that, but I seriously doubt it will!

Last time this happened, I was a student working in a petrol station, believe me, it weren't fun!!!

The way I see it is, if I run out of fuel, it's a good(ish) excuse to have a day off, that's if the government will allow that!!! :lol:

Mum's Sl @ £70

£310 on fuel... :!Removed!:

Totally agree with yah........good point :thumbsup:

A few people have mentioned the Government and blaming them. I'd like to know how people can blame Labour when they need to make their money somehow, if it wasn't on petrol they would bump us for something else. Every party would bump us in some way, its just that Labour is choosing to bump us for petrol! :yes:

Has anyone bought the water conversion yet? I wanna know whats its like before I get one.

A few people have mentioned the Government and blaming them. I'd like to know how people can blame Labour when they need to make their money somehow, if it wasn't on petrol they would bump us for something else. Every party would bump us in some way, its just that Labour is choosing to bump us for petrol! :yes:

Agree totally with this,

...latest is people are now 'panic buying' in supermarkets, shelves are already empty in some supermarkets near where I live :rolleyes: .

I remember this happening last time :yes: .

...latest is people are now 'panic buying' in supermarkets, shelves are already empty in some supermarkets near where I live :rolleyes: .

I remember this happening last time  :yes: .

There are some stupid people about.......can't imagine how people would react if katrina happend over here!

Rediculous!! It's not as if we've been given a time when the world's gong to end is it??

I think the media have been stirring this up something chronic. People are seeing images of long petrol queues and thinking that they need to join them or they'll miss out/lives will end/they'll never be able to pick the kids dinner up from the drive-thru.

Get some sense people!

Also, the fact that the head of the "fuel lobby," who were apparently heading the protests, has said it isn't going to blockade refinaries!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links