Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Oil For Rev 2 Tubby?

TOYMOTA

awful lot of different oil grades used,  can anyone clarify what is the Absalute best?

I think 10W40 is a safe bet judging by the response so far. It's smack in the middle! Anyone care to differ????

Theres been loads of talk about this on IMOC, I'm sure the general consensus was that mobil1 10w 40 fully synthetic was the best, I'll try and get a thread link off the site for us,

cheers.

p.s Thats what I use.

I was speaking to a mate who owns a 200SX running about 290bhp at the moment.

He said that on the 200SXOC they are using a tiny fraction of the membership fees to send off oil samples to be tested after 3k, 6k and 10k. So far they say that the oil is no different at 3k or 6k (as in no more deterioration is found at 6k). They're using Silkolene 10W40 for these tests.

As we all know the tubby should have an oil change at 3k, but surely with this test it proves that you won't damage the engine if you change it every 6k. Anyone agree/disagree???

Castrol 10W40 is what i use. Tried the mobile one (5W) and was far too thin for my liking. Could hear too much noise with it!

mark: yep m8, it is :)

-Z