Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rear Wiper + Other Things

can7ona

Hello again,

I had the Prius TSpirit to try out over the whole weekend this time and have a few issues with it and wanted to know if any of you guys agree and/or have any suggestions:

1) The rear wiper - I know its been said here before but how do you guys cope with it not wiping both sides? Coming from a Rav I'm used to not seeing much out the back but this was a bit not wiping the whole of the rear is a bit daft!

2) The power socket - I'm the type of person who ends up having to charge my phone in the car and find the positioning a bit annoying - has anyone managed to charge their phone and keep it in view?

3) Not so much an annoying thing but has anyone had any issues with the fact that the car is so quiet? There are a lot of cyclists where I live and a few times when passing them they didn't know I was there until I'd gone past - do you guys horn at them to let them know you're there?

4) The rear view - has that bar at the back caused any problems for anyone?

5) Colours - what is the least common but nice colour? I'm thinking of getting either the Regency Red or Sileni Green just to be even more different!

Thanks in advance for any replies - I'm hoping to place an order for one within the next two weeks (maybe sooner with the petrol issues!)

Welcome Can7ona :)

1) The rear wiper - I know its been said here before but how do you guys cope with it not wiping both sides? Coming from a Rav I'm used to not seeing much out the back but this was a bit not wiping the whole of the rear is a bit daft!

- I don't think it's that bad. It's just something you get used to. It's a bit pathetic really, but seeing that split window, there's no real choice about it.

2) The power socket - I'm the type of person who ends up having to charge my phone in the car and find the positioning a bit annoying - has anyone managed to charge their phone and keep it in view?

- I have yet to use this :) but then I don't have my phone on in the car. I am waiting for a Garmiun Streetpilot i3 unit so I'll get to find out if having a lead out of the arm rest will be annoying or not.

3) Not so much an annoying thing but has anyone had any issues with the fact that the car is so quiet? There are a lot of cyclists where I live and a few times when passing them they didn't know I was there until I'd gone past - do you guys horn at them to let them know you're there?

- I love the stealth mode :P To be honest, I get annoyed if people don't do a double take! And I've had one or two nice comments when people walk past the car. I suppose you can try revving the car?

4) The rear view - has that bar at the back caused any problems for anyone?

I hated the view when I first got my Prius, but it's something you just get used to. I'm pretty good at reverse parking in any car, but I need a parking aid in my Prius. The bar takes a little getting used to, but you don't notice it after a while.

5) Colours - what is the least common but nice colour? I'm thinking of getting either the Regency Red or Sileni Green just to be even more different!

- Silver seems to be the most popular <yawn> I've seen 4 or 5 in my area. Blue is also a popular colour. I've yet to see anyone else with Black apart from Braindead, and I've yet to see Red or Green.

It's about being green and environmentally friendly, although saving fuel costs help. Currently averaging 62mpg, and having to fill up every three weeks instead of two with my old car :yes:

You won't regret ordering it...

paul

The US Prius has two power sockets - one in the central console, one by the glove box if I recall. People comment that they use one socket to power their phone, the other to power their road angel. I believe you can buy a cable which has 3 12 volt sockets on the end but, still, the placement is not ideal.

The new 2006 US Prius - assume there is going to be the same in Europe - is apparently having the option of a rear view camera. The new Honda Civic is having one and I assume Toyota needs to compete.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies,

"I get annoyed if people don't do a double take! " Not sure I know what u mean mate!?!

To be perfectly honest the main reasons I'm gonna go with the Prius are to be different and the savings on road tax and fuel costs. Don't get me wrong I know that its unlikely that I will reach the dizzy heights of 65.7 mpg (given that most of the driving will be short trips round town) but the way I look at it is that I'll get diesel economy at petrol prices without paying the extra for a diesel engine (if you get what I mean). And of course it is nice to try and do my bit for the environment.

I'm pretty sure I will be happy with the Prius - I'm missing it already and I only had it for two days! I think like every car you just have to get used to it.

As for the new US model, like I said on another topic here, I've been told by a reliable salesman at Toyota that there isn't a new Prius due here for at least another 12 months - and I need to get rid of the Rav pretty soon now.

Thanks again for the replies.

Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies,

"I get annoyed if people don't do a double take! " Not sure I know what u mean mate!?!

I was referring to whenever I drive past people in the street especially in a quiet area, they often don't realise that they didn't hear your engine, that they look again to make sure that a car did go past them :) As I say, sometimes they don't notice, which is annoying :P

LOL! I see what you mean - I particularly enjoyed the angry pedestrians - as though its my fault they can't see a car coming down the road!

On a side topic - has anyone ever ordered from CheapToyotas.co.uk? or better still does anyone know if the dealers are likely to match their prices (or any other online car broker for that matter)?

My dealer matched the price that drivethedeal offered (£16,945 for a metallic T4), although I did get a about £300 less for my trade in than I was hoping for but I thought it was worth it to deal direct with a dealer.

Other people have said that they have had broker deals matched with not much trouble.

I think the best approach is to tell them straight away what price you've been offered it at and ask if it's worth talking.

Rick.

Thanks for the tip - I was sort of semi-honest with the dealer and got him to beat the broker by £300 on a TSpirit so I'm definately happy!