Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hubcap Renovation

mabean

Hi all, thanx for all the reples to my last couple of posts here and in the F1 section. I was asked to post pics of my lowly GS but my Hubcaps look like they've been through the wars, the ex' wasn't very good at parking! So they look well tatty.

I've currently got the bog-standard Toyota ones, not spoked coz they look god-awful and the paint's been mostly ripped off em. Does anyone have any renovation tips? Paints or laquers to use? I dont wanna pay for a new set of Mr T's one - any help would be great :group-cuddles:

No idea, mine were a bit mashed up aswell, so I just bought alloys! :D

Dunno what I'll do when I sell it though, might just put the mashed up 1's back on! :rolleyes:

Plus you dont have to get toyota ones.....helfrauds have a good range!

If the wheel trims look good they look good, it doesn't matter if there OEM or not.

Yep agree with the above comment, alloys change the look of your car no end.

My mates missus painted her hubs bright pink on her white metro!!! Looks absolutely !Removed! awful, but she likes her daisy all the same!!! :wacko::wacko:

Hi all, thanx for all the reples to my last couple of posts here and in the F1 section.  I was asked to post pics of my lowly GS but my Hubcaps look like they've been through the wars, the ex' wasn't very good at parking!  So they look well tatty.

I've currently got the bog-standard Toyota ones, not spoked coz they look god-awful and the paint's been mostly ripped off em.  Does anyone have any renovation tips?  Paints or laquers to use?  I dont wanna pay for a new set of Mr T's one - any help would be great  :group-cuddles:

Oi, don't dis' the 1.0 GS, they rule :P

Not sure if it's what you're after but you can get alloys (I'm assuming you have alloys with it being a GS?) refurbished for around £20-£25 each, that might be worth looking into

My old Toyota hubcaps had a row with a paving slab after some fat business man in his mercedes decided he needed more room than all the other cars on the road, so I went to my local motorist dicount centre and picked up some rather nice looking wheel trims. Looks purdy now. Must give the car a bath and post a piccie me thinks. :rolleyes:

Thanks for all the tips, Can't afford alloys at the mo' - although Xmas is coming :P

I was really wanting the Toyota ones I have now but will have a look around at my local hardware place and we have a "Helfrauds" so I'll pop in there too, again, thanks for the tips and making me feel welcome! :group-cuddles: