Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

3.5 Yr Old Corolla T3 Gearbox....crashes!

My Corolla's in France

I hope someone out there can give me some advice!

My Corolla Verso is currently stuck in a garage just outside Calais. My brother, who had borrowed the car for a holiday, was returning home when the engine produced a loud grinding noise just south of Calais. The car then ground to a halt on a roundabout within sight of the Eurotunnel terminal.

The garage opened the gearbox and - to put it bluntly - inside was a mess. My dad is in France and got to the garage today, and he said that basically the gears looked "smashed" and the bearings were knackered. The garage said they couldn't remember seeing one so bad. Consequently, they now need to replace more than they already have - the work so far has cost in the region of £1500 and this will only go up - I think a guesstimate would be by around another £1000 or so.

My problem is that the car is just outside of warranty, although it has only done just short of 40,000 miles. I noticed the comments in an earlier post and would have added to them but I really need some help!

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? What success have you had in complaining to Toyota about this? My own view is that a gearbox shouldn't give out after only 3 years, regardless of the warranty, though that's probably not what Toyota will say.

All comments welcome!!!

I work in a truck dealership. if some parts let go just outside of warrenty then we can send bits back under goodwill not sure about toyota tho.

I hope someone out there can give me some advice!

My Corolla Verso is currently stuck in a garage just outside Calais. My brother, who had borrowed the car for a holiday, was returning home when the engine produced a loud grinding noise just south of Calais. The car then ground to a halt on a roundabout within sight of the Eurotunnel terminal.

The garage opened the gearbox and - to put it bluntly - inside was a mess. My dad is in France and got to the garage today, and he said that basically the gears looked "smashed" and the bearings were knackered. The garage said they couldn't remember seeing one so bad. Consequently, they now need to replace more than they already have - the work so far has cost in the region of £1500 and this will only go up - I think a guesstimate would be by around another £1000 or so.

My problem is that the car is just outside of warranty, although it has only done just short of 40,000 miles. I noticed the comments in an earlier post and would have added to them but I really need some help!

Has anyone else encountered this kind of problem? What success have you had in complaining to Toyota about this? My own view is that a gearbox shouldn't give out after only 3 years, regardless of the warranty, though that's probably not what Toyota will say.

All comments welcome!!!

Go to toyota ask nicely! if no luck keep going back an make sure your voice is heard while salesman is talking to custmer! other than that?? pay up :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links