Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Please Bring Back The Supra!

XkillerX

hello to all lucky owners of markIV supras. i wish i could get my hands on one. unfortunately i think there isn't a SINGLE ONE in my country, and i cant even import one because "it's not a euro3 engine" and it's import to europe ceased a long time ago (in 98 i think?). i've been dreaming of a naturally aspirated version for many years now - ever since i first played the original Need For Speed game (who can still remember that one, huh? best game ever!).

my appeal is straightforward and desperately sincere:

TOYOTA PLEASE BRING BACK THE SUPRA!!!!!

you don't have to change anything!! nothing at all!!! just bring it back, it will still decimate it's scarce competition the way it is!!

what's the point of having a 192hp corolla? or driving a GOLF (ewwww) R32??? they are NOT true sport cars. they are great cars, but will never be close to a supra. because of all the ignorant people buying SUV's they dont need, now that the time has come to change my corolla, i have no real alternatives, really. the choice will probably be either a newer corolla, avensis, yaris, who knows. if i get _-REALLY-_ lucky maybe even a 6th gen celica.

but never a SUPRA..... :crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

I feel for you mate, i'm hopefully looking into getting one soon as it's my all time favourite car too!!!

If it's never gonna happen for you then some 6 gen Celicas are a nice alternative...

Look here for loads of mint examples (and a few ropey ones)

mint celis

Your English is very good by the way, you originally from here or something?! :thumbsup:

I too would like to know why the Supra got binned. It seems to always be given as the example of the type of car that's too thirsty for today's world. But there are lots of cars with worse fuel consumption still being produced.

I'm told it's because they can't sell it in America and as a result it's not cost effective to make it at all. On the one hand the USA is quoted as having very tight pollution regulations that the Supra can't meet, and on the other hand, when you go there nearly everybody's driving huge SUVs.

And now it seems as if the MR2 and Celica will go the same way as the Supra. But both have excellent fuel consumption for their performance. Compare for example Mazda MX5 vs MR2 or Mazda RX8 vs Celica. No contest. Plus, the RX8 burns oil at an alarming rate which can't be good for the environment.

The VVTi and VVTLi engines are about the most efficient in their class. I thought Lotus adopted the latter for the Elise because the K Series couldn't meet the regulations and yet same reason is given for discontinuing the Celica.

Why are Lotus building mid engined Vauxhall sports cars? With Toyota providing the engine for the Elise, I'd like to see the two companies produce a car together; a Lotus Elise with Toyota build quality. I'd buy that.

Phew. Rant over. Anybody know the answers though?

Seems to be the emission laws in Japan that are killing off all the sports cars there. Thing is, Nissan managed to work within the system and produce a corker of a car with the 350z, so why don't all the other manufacturers follow suit and give us some good stuff, instead of the Prius and the Micra.

Your English is very good by the way, you originally from here or something?! :thumbsup:

nope, i'm a hungarian from yugoslavia. oldskool, hehe. :ph34r:

i doubt that the japanese emission laws are the cause of the extinction of real sport cars. come onn, if a LANDCRUISER PRADO can pass the emissions test, are you telling me that the supra, mr2 and celica cant...??? i cant believe that by the time i gather up enough money to buy a sports car there wont be any toyota racing vehicles left!!! :eek: :!Removed!: :crybaby:

Never gonna happen, but to be honest i've owned 2 now and im getting a little bored of them :(

They are a little dull :shutit:

Your better off going for somthing you can get in your country :thumbsup:

Never gonna happen, but to be honest i've owned 2 now and im getting a little bored of them  :(

They are a little dull  :!Removed!:

Your better off going for somthing you can get in your country  :thumbsup:

you're selling..... the car of my dreams..... for 6000 pounds..... ?!?!? and you say you're bored of it.................... i think i'll give suicide a good chance....

PS i also drove my friend's 6th gen celica today... there is one really, huge, big problem with his car. actually, two huge problems. it's HIS car, and NO, he wont sell it to me :crybaby::help::crybaby:

Never gonna happen, but to be honest i've owned 2 now and im getting a little bored of them  :(

there dull??!!?? what you on about leeky??!!

is this as dull as the white SZ! you have :P :lol:

or the UK you no longer have!!! :(

OR EVEN BETTER your Toyota lucida !!??? :ph34r::lol::ph34r:

if 0-60 in 5 secs an the suup's outragious styling is dull?..... well i donno what to say? :P

Sorry guys, i've had my fill of Supra's.

They dont do anything for me anymore, my import N/A is 5 times more interesting than my uk tt but still at the end of the day i dont have any love for the cars anymore :(

I just dont find them special in any way anymore...

Jeremy Clarkson summed it up perfectly in an old Top Gear when the supra was still in production..

"The Supra may well be a super-car, but it not a Supercar. Sure is goes like one and if your standing far enough away it looks like one but it just isnt special enough"

Just my honest opinion of them and i believe i have the right to such an opinion after owning two of the things :)

Im sorry but i find them just a little too vanilla now, and because of that i wont be buying a 3rd Supra. Im going after the more exotic :)

But to those on here with Supra's. i still like them and respect them :thumbsup:

Only joshin with you pal! Course you're entitled to your opinion, just never thought i'd see the day...

For the record, if yours was any other colour than white i'd be sorely tempted :thumbsup:

:lol: Its cool man, i wasnts getting wound up or nowt.

I actually think they look best in white, but then again i think everything looks best in white :lol:

:thumbsup:

So- more exotic, what you thinkin? or is it top secret?!! :P

;) Lets just say its not a Toyota, and its my dream car :thumbsup:

I'll post up pics once i get it :thumbsup:

A Jiotto Caspita / Koenigsegg CCR??? Didn't know your budget could stretch to those! ;) :P

*Is extra nice to him :lol:

:P

My budget is sub 10k missy, and its not japanese ;)

That's a lot of money for a Robin Reliant !

:P

I know but WHAT a robin it would be :lol: ;)

Supras are the best and a shame you cant get them over there....what about Skyline they are good fun Too and can be modded to the extreme...

As far as Supras being boring get a TURBO mate its an experience worth having the N/A's do nothing for me not enough power or fun!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

As far as Supras being boring get a TURBO mate its an experience worth having the N/A's do nothing for me not enough power or fun!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

I strongly disagree, my non turbo supra has been a lot more fun than the turbo i owned. I much preffer the lower weight and the chuck-ability ;)

Both cars are just as fun, just in different ways :)

Well I can't wait to see what you get for less than 10K that's more exotic than a Supra and isn't Japanese. It must be German or Italian but for less than 10K???

Speak for yaself Mkiv man ;)

I am tempted to sell mine both... get a decent JZA-70 aero... then get cracking on my V8 mkII project...

Well I can't wait to see what you get for less than 10K that's more exotic than a Supra and isn't Japanese. It must be German or Italian but for less than 10K???

:D

I aint letting the cat out of the bag as yet, but once i get it (just looking for a good one) and prepare it we are talking very low 4secs 0-60's and over 180mph top speed ;)

And yes...under 10k ;)

I aint letting the cat out of the bag as yet, but once i get it (just looking for a good one) and prepare it we are talking very low 4secs 0-60's and over 180mph top speed  ;)

So you're going to hook your Robin Reliant up to the back of a MKIV TT ?

I aint letting the cat out of the bag as yet, but once i get it (just looking for a good one) and prepare it we are talking very low 4secs 0-60's and over 180mph top speed  ;)

So you're going to hook your Robin Reliant up to the back of a MKIV TT ?

No the other way around ;)