Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreens

Charley

Hi All,

Does anyone know off the top of their heads roughly how much a replacement windscreen for an ikkle Yaris would cost? I've got a chip in the drivers eye line that my MOT tester has very kindly put as an advisory. Wondered if anyone knew before I go round dealing with sales toughies and working out how much I gotta cough up after my windscreen excess?

Ta ever so :P

If you have fully comp insurance most insurance companies will repair chips free of charge! :thumbsup:

Just call the dedicated glassline number on your policy and Autoglass or someone can come out and repair the chip for you!

They will only repair chips though, cracks you will need a new windscreen, which (well on my policy with Tesco) is £50.

I've got a £60 windscreen excess on my insurance. It's def the whole screen that will need replacing, which is a pain in the bumper :help:

mine needed doing a little while back, paid £60 excess im with norwich union

£60 for a new windscreen is a good price though.... I think they are a few hundred if you want a new one without going through the insurance.....

Even tho you have to pay a £60 excess it doesnt affect your NCB or Policy for the next year - well it doesnt with the Motor Insurance Company I work for anyway.

We use the RAC Glassline at work ;)

not a big thing takes them about 1 hr, + a few hours to cure depending on the weather, autoglass did mine. all i did was call CIS and ask who they deal with for windscreen replacement, called autoglass. they came to my workplace the following monday, i gave them the keys, he rang me back an hour later + it was done :) he just took my policy number + i signed for it and it was all done :D granted i had about 1/2 an inch of snow on my dash :P but i had a new screen. £50 :D (oh paid the fee with switch when i booked it in)

Just called the insurance Co (main glassline call centre). Hopefully, someone from the local office will get back to me soon to book me in (so to speak). Shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Dee dar dee dum.....

my crack went from the bottom corner of the drivers side, right up into the middle of your view, and then into the middle of the screen...... then one evening i was sat in traffic looking at it, and i gentally touched it.....BANG! all the way up to the top corner of the nearside. "i'll ring them in the morning" i said to our lass :P

Nasty!! :eek:

THis is the second year in a row that this sort of thing has happen on the morning of its MOT. Last year, the other half was driving it to the garage in the morning and the bloomin' pigeon hit the windscreen and the windscreen wiper flew off. Luckly, the chappie fixed it before the test started. This year, same blasted thing.....driving along to the MOT test centre (a tad smug with myself for talking hubby into giving me the car), and the darn tractor in front kicks up a dirty big stone that leaves a dodgy chip in the drivers view. Winked at the MOT chap and he gave it as an advisory (naughty me) :rolleyes:

Winked at the MOT chap and he gave it as an advisory (naughty me)  :rolleyes:

Fairplay to ya girl..... thats how I manage to wangle stuff aswell.... I'm always amazed when it works!

A bat of the eyelids and a bloke melts! :lol::lol:

Winked at the MOT chap and he gave it as an advisory (naughty me)   :rolleyes:

Fairplay to ya girl..... thats how I manage to wangle stuff aswell.... I'm always amazed when it works!

A bat of the eyelids and a bloke melts! :lol::lol:

Works wonders at busy roundabouts too :yes:

lol women :rolleyes:

no the same happened to me last week, i tool lauras KA for a retest (after failing it on the brakes, exhaust & wheel bearing) replaced them all for the tidy sum of £60 (part for zorst). but as i was driving for the retest a little stone hit the screen just on the right, but close enough to be a problem, so i just took the little sticker off (the mot one that says "next mot due on...") and stuck it under the chip.......... never noticed :P

as i was driving for the retest a little stone hit the screen just on the right, but close enough to be a problem, so i just took the little sticker off (the mot one that says "next mot due on...") and stuck it under the chip.......... never noticed :P

Nice one....must remember that trick for next years MOT......mind you, it'll probably be something else going wrong on test morning next year! :(

Just called the insurance Co (main glassline call centre).  Hopefully, someone from the local office will get back to me soon to book me in (so to speak).  Shouldn't be too long hopefully.

Dee dar dee dum.....

When we give out the tell at work it's for RAC Glassline actually!! I've spoke to them twice these past 2 weeks and they say they will get the local depot to call you directly to arrange times etc within the hour.. :thumbsup:

When we give out the tell at work it's for RAC Glassline actually!! I've spoke to them twice these past 2 weeks and they say they will get the local depot to call you directly to arrange times etc within the hour..

Wish this was the same experience. The local centre called me back yesterday morning, and told me they's be out today (AM). Fair enough, it has been a bit hit and miss with the weather today, but still no repair or replacement. Have called them three times and whinged. Hopefully someone will be here soon :unsure: