Do Not Sell My Personal Information

'tinners2000' (and Any1 Else)

Humayun

These are for 'tinners2000' and any1 else who is interested (theyre not brilliant)

image1534sq.th.jpg

General pic of engine bay

image1544om.th.jpg

Duck tape isnt attractive but does the job for now

image1559ob.th.jpg

Induction in disguise

image1565ob.th.jpg

Wheres the bottom of my air box :o

image1576tv.th.jpg

Under side of HKS panel filter

image1588lu.th.jpg

Just a close up of my 5EFE :D

Thanx for looking :thumbsup:

just an obsevation matey, no offence intended, but at the moment u basically have a "induction kit" as its sucking in all the hot air from the 'bay, have you not considered just getting yourself a cheap foam filter cone to tidy the bay up a bit??

Rich.

I understand where ur coming from but i thought about this before doin it.

The position of the panel filter is in that way because that is the coldest part of the engine bay at that location.

Ive tested it by checking that area when the engine was very hot and found that it was quite cool in that area.

I added the cold air feed to help, a second feed will be added soon

I got a bit of stainless steel pipe made up to help my induction. It certainly makes a difference but it looks sh1te as it comes from the throttle body, down to the front then along to the opposite side where it can get cold air. I tried to get it bent into the wing with a feed but it wasnt happening :(

i'll find a pic for a laugh :lol:

that is exactly what i planned to do with my new found air filter. :eek:

how much did it cost you to get that made up?

what kind of difference can you feel?

this is my cold air intake i run from time to time...

picture00101.jpg

altho i usually use my standard airbox with a k&n panel filter...

picture00182.jpg

Rich.

Nice one. I currently have a blitz SUS filter from my mr2 stuck on my starlet!! Its huuuge for a starlet!!

Anyway, i have plans for my induction kit... Kinda in between these two.... I want to run a longer pipe of the TB down the the front of the car and sit the filter behind the grill where there will be space once the radiator is moved...... Bit of work tho :(

Well I got it done for £100 including filter. I know the guy that owns the garage though so i get cheapness. It's worked out per length of pipe so it was quite a bit. ehhhh it seems torquer, ie it pulls better in higher gears. It sounds a ***** load better too. It runs lean though which is ghey, any idea how i could richen up the mixture? I've thought about a boost valve but dunno if you can get one :blink:

Ideally i wanted it down in the wing or at bottom of bumper but filter was too big :S i'll get it sorted though, tidy up the bay a bit.

Well I got it done for £100 including filter. I know the guy that owns the garage though so i get cheapness. It's worked out per length of pipe so it was quite a bit. ehhhh it seems torquer, ie it pulls better in higher gears. It sounds a ***** load better too. It runs lean though which is ghey, any idea how i could richen up the mixture? I've thought about a boost valve but dunno if you can get one  :blink:

Ideally i wanted it down in the wing or at bottom of bumper but filter was too big :S  i'll get it sorted though, tidy up the bay a bit.

Ur filter setup is mental!! Very innovative. Thats the only thing i hate about the Starlet/Paseo engines, the airboxes are in a very awkward place!!!! :ffs:

'scutch0' your engine bay is MINT, i like it alot, ive colour coded a couple of bits, a few more need doing tho.

Well done m8 :thumbsup:

cheers mate. :thumbsup: its a pain in the ar5e to keep clean tho!!

wylo, you can get pbv from fensport.com.

btw, i may be copying your induction, i did have the idea to begin with, but never had the money to get it done!! :ph34r:

Rich.

cheers mate. :thumbsup: its a pain in the ar5e to keep clean tho!!

wylo, you can get pbv from fensport.com.

btw, i may be copying your induction, i did have the idea to begin with, but never had the money to get it done!! :ph34r:

Rich.

:lol: no worries mate! Think ill look into the pbv ASAP then. Thanks again :thumbsup:

Rich, with yoru KN filter are you getting much improved air flow? Am guessing that the sound is not as good as youe induction

yeah, in my opinion i prefer the k&n panel filter in the standard airbox, the car is much easier to drive, and pulls alot nicer thru the rev range, it also seems to iron out jerky gearchanges.

Rich.

Scutch!!

I just read the Banzai Starlet thrash feature, ur car was lookin good mate, as did every1 elses. I like ur car alot!!

I would love to have anuva starlet, theyre brilliant little cars!!!

cheers matey.

im really chuffed :D theyre great, bvut ive owned mine for 3 years now, so i kinda want some more power now... :!Removed!:

Rich.