Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuked Back End Of My Rolla

corollagti16

i was goin along this country road this mornin tryin to colin mcrae :)

i wasnt doin bad till i hit this harsh left hander i hit the brakes and the back end came out i thought i had it but then gravel took things out of my hands it was hold and pray as there was :censor: off trees on each side of us the car went from left to right i was :censor: it i stomped on the brakes and eventualy came to to a stop 5 seconds a 911 came round the bend two old ppl out for a nice drive !!!!!!!!

the car body was un hurt but now the back end seams to roll all over the road like its on ice can any of u help info on what could have gone to make it do this ?????????

plz dont cost me the earth !!!!!!!!

i best stop thinkin im colin himself lol

Ouch, sounds as if you were very lucky...

Could very well be that you've killed the suspension, not necessarily the rear so would have that checked straight away.

Could also be tyre alignemnt, axles etc, could be so many things I would take the car to a garage and get it checked before something that atm maybe minor but could very easily turn into a major problem.....

Lifting mid corner is never a good idea :D

You've probably stressed or fratcured either the trailing arms or their bushes....

not good.

jack the rear of the car up in the middle until both wheels leave the ground and check each side for play hold each wheel top and bottom and wobble it, it shouldn't move at all....

one of mine rocks about 4mm !!!! waiting on fensport (its on the computer bit not the shelves...) to get me some new bushes.

if its the traling arms or the bushes how much should i expect to pay to get this sorted ??

also r the fensport bushes uprated or std do they do a kit of uprated bushes to aid handling ??

thanks for the help

At least it was a Porker and not a Metro :) !

My rear shocks are almost dead as are my original bushes. Still, 15 years isn't bad! When I get round to it (after getting Sachs clutch fitted <if anyone needs to replace their clutch for a non-uprated unit, use a Sachs kit. £71 for the whole kit and its a beaut!> and doing oil, oil filter and coolant) I'm gonna use Fensports to pick up some Polyurethane bushes. Its £215 for a complete kit which is a fair whack, but they really do improve ride quality. For just the rear quarter its around £150. Ring a Toyota dealer and see how much OE replacements will be and see if you can strech a bit further for uprated ones.

Have fun,

-RIDDLES-

gotta say it again spending that much money on the car think how much you could save going gold....

i've just posted about this in another thread.....

dont bother with any Uk suppliers of Superflex or powerflex, it isnt worth it, go direct to http://www.whiteline.com.au and order direct, they deliver quicker, and cost only a fraction of the price, unfortunately they dont make a 'kit' so you'll have to specify all the bushes you want but it will be about 50% less than anywhere in the UK.

sorry to take business away from fensport as they're local and i'd much rather pay a british firm, but there is no need to rape toyota fans like that, its not fair, their mark-up must be huge. :angry:

The whole trailing arm kit (8 bushes and 4 stainless inserts) was quoted £75 from Fensport without P&P the same kit from Whiteline was £24 without postage, postage was $24 aus which is about £10 (ish) and they'll take 5 days to arrive.

Its about time people stood up for themselves.

Imagine paying £1000 for a GZE when you can get a whole front cut for £250 plus P&P (about £24 !!!)

Whaaat :o ! £250 ? Thats a &#33;Removed&#33; bargain,but r they reliable <_< .

I'll check the site out just now anyways.

Ant :D

LOL whiteline only sell suspension goodies, the engines come from most Jap dismantlers, they import them into Aus from Japan and they come in at $600 (ish) Aus Dollars..... thats £250 and if you want a better deal go straight to Japan.....

as you know the shipping can be a slight problem though. :(

P.S. &#33;Removed&#33; typical, after being told that my bushes were not instock by the UK supplier i get home to find a &#33;Removed&#33; parcel from them containing the bushes....cant believe they authorised a sale on my card with out consulting me first :eek::angry::angry::angry:

LOL whiteline only sell suspension goodies, the engines come from most Jap dismantlers, they import them into Aus from Japan and they come in at $600 (ish) Aus Dollars..... thats £250 and if you want a better deal go straight to Japan.....

as you know the shipping can be a slight problem though. :(

P.S. &#33;Removed&#33; typical, after being told that my bushes were not instock by the UK supplier i get home to find a &#33;Removed&#33; parcel from them containing the bushes....cant believe they authorised a sale on my card with out consulting me first :eek::angry::angry::angry:

thats illegal, I would go mental with them if I was you :)

do they sell any other items you need, should get a nice discount for that :D

i was pretty ****** but kept my cool, and thet said i could send the bushes back, even though it says on the reciept 'correct goods cannot be returned' or something similar.

had to pay £3.50 for the pleasure though :(

Should've taken them to the cleaners......

Thanks for the money saving tip, I knew about the savings that can be made, its just that I'm a student and therefore immensely lazy. However I will now go forth and save!

-RIDDLES-

p.s. do you mean a whole 4a-gze engine for £250 (plus p+p)? Thats unbelievable, especially if VAT dodging takes place...

If I haven't got myself all confused, any websites I could look at?

Cheers matey.

i wanted to take action but in the past Fensport have been pretty handy to have around, dont want them offside now do we ?

no websites i'm afraid, you can try posting on the AUS and JAP forums for people to put you in touch with the dismantlers there direct, thats what i did. [:)]

Expect to pay about AU$600 - AU$1000 for a GZE thats £250- £600 then you need to arrange delivery to the docks, packing in a container and shipping. When it arrives here your supposed to pay VAT ansd Import tax but on secondhand messy tat from around the world they often dont bother, if you import a lot regularly though you will be charged.

Hmm, certainly food for thought. Forced induction is the way to go and supercharging takes personal preference.

Cheers for the info mate and hope to see you at JAE!

-RIDDLES-