Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Toyota Dealer Car Database

jay dh

does this database, when a number plate is entered in, say if the car has been in an accident or HPI history or something?

cheers

Jay

nope, we only keep records like chassis numbers and engine numbers, paint codes, reg number. All other records and you need a company like experian :thumbsup:

Shaz is right, when I my Yaris was written off, Listers were still calling me and trying to contact me, my Mum eventually told them the car was no longer with us.... and they were like "Oh, sorry, we didnt know that" :rolleyes:

Shaz is right, when I my Yaris was written off, Listers were still calling me and trying to contact me, my Mum eventually told them the car was no longer with us.... and they were like "Oh, sorry, we didnt know that"  :rolleyes:

I get that all the time! :( Usually they go mental at me and i feel like rubbish after, but i just think, huh ahwell not my problem, its not me they should shout at!!!

I get that all the time!  :( Usually they go mental at me and i feel like rubbish after, but i just think, huh ahwell not my problem, its not me they should shout at!!!

Yeah it's someone elses problem that you get the blame for, I hate it when that happens! :angry:

Just to add there is a database called the MIAFTR (Motor Insurance Anti Fraud and Theft Register) which is what Insurance companies use to add details of a car onto when it has been written off by them..so if you have a car that is already written off (for example), which you then get back on the road and then crash it again so much that it is again a write off your Insurance will go through the total loss procedure for a vehicle, check the MIAFTR and will find if is is a previous write off that way too..

Useless bit of info there but just thought I'd share ;)

Shaz is right, when I my Yaris was written off, Listers were still calling me and trying to contact me, my Mum eventually told them the car was no longer with us.... and they were like "Oh, sorry, we didnt know that"  :rolleyes:

I get that all the time! :( Usually they go mental at me and i feel like rubbish after, but i just think, huh ahwell not my problem, its not me they should shout at!!!

True I should have contacted them and told them so.... but I had other things on my mind at the time, so when they called, Mum politely told them that it had been written off and they havent contacted me since!