Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Big Ouch

Calisto

Awwww guys and girls I can feel the luv :group-cuddles: thanks for the lovely replies, :group-cuddles: made me feel sooooooo much better :thumbsup:

I havent told Rich as he is in Ireland :rolleyes::help:

Ahhh wellllll :thumbsup:

Have they given you something to put on it Ash?

If you've had something prescribed then fine, but if not I recommend Arnica. My mum was a nurse and she gave me some Arnica for a sports injury and I think it really helped.

Tony

Nope :( they didnt tell me to put anything on it, Im not even taking the painkillers, If I keep it in the same position its ok. I have to go back the Recent Injury Clinic on Friday, yay cant wait. ;)

Statutory Sick Pay works out at about £68 per week.

I dont think so thankyou very much, soooo I keep on working and sit in the office with my leg on a chair. :thumbsup:

Very sorry to hear that, Chicken. Sounds horrible. Never knew that it could happen just like that.

Hope you are better soon :thumbsup:

Had a dream night before last. Beautiful girl standing at end of bed , looking at me. You are beautiful, sez I. Oh no, I'm not, sez she. You are & I honestly mean it , sez I, Let me show you my bad leg. ( some chat up line I have :P ) Oh, sez she, I can cure that! I felt her fingers like Butterfly wings on my shoulders &

the :censor: alarm went off! :ffs:

True, & I checked my leg that night. I,ve seen it worse! :wacko:

Oh dear thats got to hurt :crybaby: Get well soon and take it easy no point pushing your self at work :thumbsup:

jerry!!

Went to the Recent Injury clinic at the hospital, Doc said that its good that the bruising came out straight away sooooo no underlying problems, eg bloodclots :huh:

He also said I have to walk on it without crutches (yay) and I now have a tubi grip on (much more comfortable) but if I put it in the wrong position :censor: :censor: it hurts like hell, but its looking good.... six weeks and it should be back to normal :thumbsup:

Glad the bruising came out straight away hun :)

I am really used to Tubi-Grips as I have really week ankles and was forever spraining them all the time when I was younger,

Ouch ouch ouch really sorry to hear that, it does hurt like hell!

Six to eight weeks can be the recovery time but there are things you can do if you want to speed up the healing process.

You can heavily ice the area, You need to put the whole limb in an ice bath or make a large ice pack. The ice helps the fluid contract and reduces the swelling in the torn corepuslues (sp!) basically increasing the flow of fluids away from the damaged area. Do not heavily ice for more than 20 mins out of an hour, and it hurts as bad as the damage, but it works. You can ice for up to three days after the injury, one good session iceing 3 to 5 times should do it.

Between ice and if not iceing keep the limb elevated, this also helps the fluids to disperse round the body.

When you get some mobility back, and it sounds like you have got some, with the limb elevated work your toes back and forward in the pain free area, the idea is that you work the muscle and tendons a little at a time, like pushing a sized hinge to get it moving. Just little movements getting bigger, again for no more than 20 mins in the hour.

After you get better movement you can go onto massage the muscle regularly, with lavander if you wish, there is another essential oil that helps reduce inflamation but I cant member name. sure you can search the net. Ibuprophane (sp!) will also do that.

See if there is a sports injury clinik close by that will give you a treatment, they have great machines. One treatment now at it worst could give the natural healing process a major boost by assisting the heavy duty problems that the body deals with.

I have done everything above, I know it works. Search healing sports injuries or torn muscles, and check out the advice. you can definately help the healing process and yep you definately need to build the muscle before asking it to perform again.

Oh I get to sleep in these occasions by building pillows/cushons around the limb to keep the top sheet elevated that way you can keep you toes pointing up and the muscle relaxed.

Hope you get beter soon

Ouch ouch ouch really sorry to hear that, it does hurt like hell!

Six to eight weeks can be the recovery time but there are things you can do if you want to speed up the healing process.

You can heavily ice the area, You need to put the whole limb in an ice bath or make a large ice pack. The ice helps the fluid contract and reduces the swelling in the torn corepuslues (sp!) basically increasing the flow of fluids away from the damaged area. Do not heavily ice for more than 20 mins out of an hour, and it hurts as bad as the damage, but it works. You can ice for up to three days after the injury, one good session iceing 3 to 5 times should do it.

Between ice and if not iceing keep the limb elevated, this also helps the fluids to disperse round the body.

When you get some mobility back, and it sounds like you have got some, with the limb elevated work your toes back and forward in the pain free area, the idea is that you work the muscle and tendons a little at a time, like pushing a sized hinge to get it moving. Just little movements getting bigger, again for no more than 20 mins in the hour.

After you get better movement you can go onto massage the muscle regularly, with lavander if you wish, there is another essential oil that helps reduce inflamation but I cant member name. sure you can search the net. Ibuprophane (sp!) will also do that.

See if there is a sports injury clinik close by that will give you a treatment, they have great machines. One treatment now at it worst could give the natural healing process  a major boost by assisting the heavy duty problems that the body deals with.

I have done everything above, I know it works. Search healing sports injuries or torn muscles, and check out the advice. you can definately help the healing process and yep you definately need to build the muscle before asking it to perform again.

Oh I get to sleep in these occasions by building pillows/cushons around the limb to keep the top sheet elevated that way you can keep you toes pointing up and the muscle relaxed.

Hope you get beter soon

Hey thanks for all the info mate, :thumbsup: the pillow at night works ok, or at least it does when I first drift off too sleep :lol: , I lie on my back but as it goes lol during the night I turn and sleep on my tummy and the pillows are always on the floor in the morning, but I must be doing it some good for the short time I do sleep on my back. ;)

I have to admit I am apprehensive about doing the same injury again, but the good thing is that I have lost half a stone :eek: no idea how, except that the other leg was supporting me and having to work twice as hard to compensate so mebbe that burned up calories, I dont know and dont really care :thumbsup:

And I love lavender baths with candles and soft music but could dooooo with a soothing massage afterwards.......... :thumbsup:

Thanks babe. :group-cuddles: Golf caddy indeed :P

I will have the massage when I see you next. B) :thumbsup: thanks for offering :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links