Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mobile Speed Vans/ An Cars

phil 83

You know the mobile speed cameras that park up an open there boot an zap u! well i only ever seen them in the day time, i want to know if they can do u when its dark ?? :rolleyes: i dont speed an allways obey the limit :rolleyes: asking for a mate ;)

You know the mobile speed cameras that park up an open there boot an zap u!    well i only ever seen them in the day time, i want to know if they can do u when its dark ??  :rolleyes: i dont speed an allways obey the limit :rolleyes: asking for a mate ;)

Personally.....I dont think so hmmm

I think they can catch you whether it's dark or not, personally I dont see the point of investing in them if they only work in daylight :!Removed!:

Its a laser though isnt it and lasers work just as well in the dark as they do in the light!

lol @ asking for a mate - no offence, but everyone says that - even me! :lol::lol:

The lazer is used to measure the distance of the car, not see it.......and by taking a number of readings over a certain distance it can work out your average mph for that section.

Plus the only way they could read your number plate in the dark would be by infrared/nightvision but the light comming from the headlights would blind it (Tried it with a video camera in night vision mode!)

So my conclusion is that they don't work in the dark......hense Gatso's have a flash!

The lazer is used to measure the distance of the car, not see it.......and by taking a number of readings over a certain distance it can work out your average mph for that section.

Plus the only way they could read your number plate in the dark would be by infrared/nightvision but the light comming from the headlights would blind it (Tried it with a video camera in night vision mode!)

So my conclusion is that they don't work in the dark......hense Gatso's have a flash!

Plus did you know that mobile speed cameras use to used radar detection rather than infrared, but they gave up on this as they could not pin point the device 100% on a single car as they could get interference from anything, so they have moved to infrared but now even they are starting to look at this a cops with waiving arms can add 30mph on to the speed!

Linky

Did you ever read about the guy in a punto that got done for speeding at 140mph.....the car couldn't go that fast, he had to pay to put it on a running road to prove it to the police!

Dunno if they work in the dark or not but i`ve seen camera vans parked up with the camera apparently in operation when it`s been dark, Albeit in a well lit built up area. . So i for one wont be trying to find out. :D

I guess they do work in the dark as they often stand outside the cemetry down the road which is picth black - luckily you can see them a mile off with the flourescent jackets on!

They normally stand in a bunch of about 6 coppers, one points the gun and the others read your number plate. Don't forget you've got lights on your rear number plate to make it easy to read at night

yes they can do you in the dark..

However, interestingly - if it is a dark country lane there is something you may want to know...

Officially, lasers can only be used to measure your speed if the officer 'suspects' you are speeding by using his own judgement, and the laser is to confirm this and record the offence...

So, if its dark, its harder to asertain the speed, and from a legal point of view, you may have an argument...