Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Compressor Question

pb5

Hi

I've been passed the dock where they export Toyota's out of Grimsby & most of the Corolla T Sport Compressors lined up were right hand drive :huh: .

Does any one have any idea were they are going <_< ? As it doesn't look they are for our country.

Pb5

:wacko:

Hi

I've been passed the dock where they export Toyota's out of Grimsby & most of the Corolla T Sport Compressors lined up were right hand drive  :huh: .

Does any one have any idea were they are going  <_< ? As it doesn't look they are for our country.

Pb5

:wacko:

I asked John Roes where they were headed but they didnt know.

Does anyone know why you can get a Blitz supercharger/compressor kit for the 189BHP VVTL-i Celica and not for the 189BHP VVTL-i Corolla T Sport? <_<

If fitment was an issue, would it be too hard to make it fit? What else would have to be modified? ie. pistons? thicker head gasket? high flow manifold? etc.

Would cost a few pennies seeing as the Celica kit is near enough £4.5k & VAT!!! :eek: Then if needed there's the high compression pistons at £895 & VAT and free flow exhaust manifold at £599 & VAT

Plus add to that suspension/brakes upgrade, maintenance, tyres..... :eek: Eeeek! I better stop dreaming now! :lol:

All CTS's are built in Derby, then sent to a small workshop in Grimsby to have the Blower fitted. No idea where they are headed though.

Think I saw one on trade plates by me the other week. 17's and twin exhausts gave it away.

Ooh..SuperCharger. Eaton M62 will fit. Dont know about the IC Pipework though :unsure:

Took my corolla into the dealer yesterday for oil consumption and poor fuel efficeny, turns out the engine is shot only got 45k on it but its not bad enough yet to warrent a free replacement :wacko: . I asked about the t-sport compressor and no one seemed to know anything about it . I did find out a few more usefull facts about changes to the toyota line up but none inclueded the corolla in any shape or from.

Does anyone know why you can get a Blitz supercharger/compressor kit for the 189BHP VVTL-i Celica and not for the 189BHP VVTL-i Corolla T Sport?  <_<

If fitment was an issue, would it be too hard to make it fit? What else would have to be modified? ie. pistons? thicker head gasket? high flow manifold? etc.

Would cost a few pennies seeing as the Celica kit is near enough £4.5k & VAT!!!  :eek: Then if needed there's the high compression pistons at £895 & VAT and free flow exhaust manifold at £599 & VAT

Plus add to that suspension/brakes upgrade, maintenance, tyres.....  :eek:  Eeeek! I better stop dreaming now!  :lol:

As far as i know the kit will fit, some company's list it for both cars. Theres slightly less room between the engine and the radiator in the corolla, and intake manifold is of a different design. So i dont know if there is a slightly different kit, or if it will just fit either. Also as far as i know the ecu is the same.

You wouldnt want high compression pistons + the supercharger!

to be honest though you'd be better off with a turbo kit such as the C2power kit for celica, or going for a custom supercharger, either would probably save you around 2k! which could be spent on brakes and tyres etc.

Does anyone know why you can get a Blitz supercharger/compressor kit for the 189BHP VVTL-i Celica and not for the 189BHP VVTL-i Corolla T Sport?  <_<

Would cost a few pennies seeing as the Celica kit is near enough £4.5k & VAT!!!  :eek: Then if needed there's the high compression pistons at £895 & VAT and free flow exhaust manifold at £599 & VAT

Plus add to that suspension/brakes upgrade, maintenance, tyres.....  :eek:  Eeeek! I better stop dreaming now!  :lol:

As far as i know the kit will fit, some company's list it for both cars. Theres slightly less room between the engine and the radiator in the corolla, and intake manifold is of a different design. So i dont know if there is a slightly different kit, or if it will just fit either. Also as far as i know the ecu is the same.

You wouldnt want high compression pistons + the supercharger!

to be honest though you'd be better off with a turbo kit such as the C2power kit for celica, or going for a custom supercharger, either would probably save you around 2k! which could be spent on brakes and tyres etc.

Cheers for that... yeah I don't really know what the high compression pistons do... it's just that I know when turbo charging a car, the compression needs to be changed, so I thought it might be a similar case for supercharging...

Will check out the C2power kit... just interested in doing something 'different'!

• 3 weeks later...

The UK market production models have yet to be decided. TGB are considering the option of it.

The car is definately being produced as a by-product of TTE's German 245 BHP test car. The car went into production with 225 PS eventually, but it is still undecided whether there will be a UK model or not.

The current 190 engined model ceased to be available at the end of August 2004 due to new EURO IV stricter emmsions along with MR2 and Celica.

As far as remaining stock of current T-Sport, there are less than 10 in the Country. Most of these are ex-showroom stock which have not sold in 3 months apart for Red coloured models, which were still at Burnaston Depot a couple of weeks ago.

The feedback to TGB from the Centre network is that the car should come. I assure you, they are definately UNDECIDED as to whether the UK market will get it or not and this is not a good sign.

I hope this helps, and will post any mode news when I get it.

Wil.

I posted the above info a month ago regarding the emmisions stopping the vvtl-i engine , this was the refuted by the toyota people that post here . It would be nice to have their opinion on the matter.

As far as remaining stock of current T-Sport, there are less than 10 in the Country. Most of these are ex-showroom stock which have not sold in 3 months apart for Red coloured models, which were still at Burnaston Depot a couple of weeks ago.

Wil.

Why are the red ones still in stock??? <_<

Seems toyota have finally confirmed a limited uk run of compressor T sports. Will look for the impending roadtests with interest. Most of the magazines are backing this up . :)

Wil.

Because they're gawdy? :lol:

Wil.

Hardy har har! :lol: Red is the new silver.... trust me! :P The red-hot hatch is back.... look at the Golf GTi, Astra VXR, Seat Leon Cupra.... all their promo cars in RED B)

Or maybe all the Compressor models will be red??? :eek::drool:

Wil.

Hardy har har! :lol: Red is the new silver.... trust me! :P The red-hot hatch is back.... look at the Golf GTi, Astra VXR, Seat Leon Cupra.... all their promo cars in RED B)

Oopps - sorry, that didn't come out right!

Basically the "Red" Collection has nothing to do with the colour of the exterior, they only come in Black and Silver. It's because you get black leather with bright red inserts. :eek: on the seats and the door cards. IMO looks great on hot hatches, but the Celica is a bit more 'grown-up'.........which is not derogatory towards hot hatches :thumbsup: , but the Celica has a different character - looks better with moody black or with my T-Sport black & grey leather. B)

Also the Red Collection, to me, is quite overpriced for what you get.....it's just a tarted up premium & sports pack. Me prefer the T-Sport! :D

Wil.

Oopps - sorry, that didn't come out right!

Basically the "Red" Collection has nothing to do with the colour of the exterior, they only come in Black and Silver. It's because you get black leather with bright red inserts. :eek: on the seats and the door cards. IMO looks great on hot hatches, but the Celica is a bit more 'grown-up'.........which is not derogatory towards hot hatches :thumbsup: , but the Celica has a different character - looks better with moody black or with my T-Sport black & grey leather. B)

Also the Red Collection, to me, is quite overpriced for what you get.....it's just a tarted up premium & sports pack. Me prefer the T-Sport! :D

i had a celica "red" whilst my cts was getting repaired... nice looking car, but it was so slow! it had all red leather seats.. it looked fast, but was not furious...i was really suprised and glad to get my cts back..

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links