Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Few Tubby Q's Guys

TOYMOTA

Is this the standard gear knob on the tubby?? If so, aren't they meant to be screw on/off? This one won't budge, is it glued as well? I've got my old Toms gear knob waiting to go on!

DSC01481.jpg

Secondly, do all the tubby's have this boost gauge?

DSC01480.jpg

Last but not least what are these buttons?? If I push the left one in at the top it does the front fogs. If I push it in at the bottom, nothing seems to happen. And the right side one, looks like a turbo timer with 1 or 3 mins settings, but when I turn off the ignition the engine doesn't stay on!

DSC01482.jpg

Cheers :thumbsup:

1. My gear nob dont have the numbers / The 'R' on, but is kinda the same shape.

2. Yes, they all have that little pointless boost gauge, which is about as much good as.....huummmm...well, no good any way !

3. I have the fog light one, up is on, and down is steering fog lights (if fitted), mine did have them too until i ripped out the fogs to fit my new bumper. and the one on the right, dont know what that is, something to do with the turbo as you say, but what i dont know ?!

Call me mister silly.....

but isn't that fog light switch fitted upside down? Can't read the japanese writing, but a button that says 'NO' is a bit wierd.

yes the fog lamp button is upside down, as the picture shows the fog beams pointing up when they should be pointing down for front fogs.

Also the ON is a big giveaway.

down for on, up for steering fogs.

the other button is a turbo timer.

I believe non turbos have a Battery meter rather than a boost meter

The fogs don't work according to the button then. Steering fogs still go on when I push the button down. Someone has obviously had the dash out (speedo related maybe) and put it back in upside down perhaps.

The turbo timer doesn't seem to work at all.

There are so many hidden bits to the mr2 - i find out stuff about mine all the time that i didnt know! lol

didnt know they came with a turbo timer as standard - was this an optional extra ?

didnt know they came with a turbo timer as standard - was this an optional extra ?

It's the GT model so it's fully loaded, it's got electric folding mirrors too. The GTS didn't have one I don't think.

Still can't get the gear knob off guys. Any ideas?? Are the screw on ones or glued, or both (if both maybe that's why it hasn't budged)?

The gear knob is not standard. Probably has been glued on by previous owner. Should come off with some gentle persuation :!Removed!:

I've never seen a turbo timer button like that before, although it does match well. It's definitely an optional extra if not a genuine Toyota feature at all.

Mine is also the Rev 3 GT and it doesn't have the timer.

Joe

The gear knob is not standard.  Probably has been glued on by previous owner.  Should come off with some gentle persuation  :!Removed!:

I've never seen a turbo timer button like that before, although it does match well.  It's definitely an optional extra if not a genuine Toyota feature at all. 

Joe

Didnt think it was standard - dont think robs has that either? Dont quote me on that though! :rolleyes:

The gear knob is not standard.  Probably has been glued on by previous owner.  Should come off with some gentle persuation  :!Removed!:

I've never seen a turbo timer button like that before, although it does match well.  It's definitely an optional extra if not a genuine Toyota feature at all. 

Joe

Hmm, I'll give it a good old twist and see what happens!

I haven't got the handbook so can't look that button up in there. I reckon it is a toyota extra tho like you say. Doesn't seem to work tho!

no. maybe p.o. loctited it.

yes. crap gauge. recommend andaftermarket if u want to up the boost.

fog light. ur button is upside down. the characters are upside down, and of course, it says no. super uber rare, i think only jap spec turbo timer. but it is a stock piece.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links