Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Si Cams Throttle Body Etc

wylo

Ok, I know of a paseo si sitting and im sure I read somewhere that the cams fit into my starlet 4efe with the shims etc. Also the throttle body too?

Anyone got any info on this or has anyone done this before? What sort of gains am I looking at?

As much info as possible would be nice folks. cheers in advance :thumbsup:

the cams an throttle body will be the same as the 4efe ones mate.

its the 5efhe (sera, cynos) cams u want. the 5efhe throttle body will fit but the wiring is different.

Rich.

cheers. :)

the fhe wiring is different as in it has a different wiring plug to the 4efe, and it also has only one plug onto it whereas the 4efe has two.

Rich.

from what ive heard the inlet manifold is where you can increase small bhp and torque figures, but mainly in response and pickup of the engine.

you can use either the 4efte (basically the same as the sera 5efhe mani) or the inlet mani from the jdm spec 4efe starlet, this can also be found on a 4efe model of the corrolla apparently.

Rich.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. by plug you mean the ECU plug yeah? So basicaly its a !Removed! to fit. :ffs: are the cams the same on these above engines as the efhe? Dad thinks I should get some carbs on it but I dont fancy the fuel bill :D

lol

get some quad throttle bodies then! :lol::ph34r::drool:

nah, i meant the throttlebody wiring, it takes a different kind of wiring plug for throttle positioning and cold start mode. if u look on your current throttlebody u'll find two pulgs and 6 wires, the 5efhe throttlebody has just one plug and 5 wires!

i fell foul on this when i tried to fit a 5efhe into my starlet.

Rich.

errr....well now....i just bought a 4efte ported & polished throttlebody and a 5efhe acis manifold...does that mean that it won't work on my 5efe ?!

take the t/b out to your car and look at the wiring in comparisin to your 5efe one, there is one plug on the fte one whereas youre 5efe one has a single long plug for 5 wires, this would mean rewiring. ive pulled on of the plugs off my throttle body before and tried to start it, and it wont.

altho i have heard alot on the austarletclub.com about changine throttle bodys, to wrx ones, so i'd assume they rewire them too. i have asked, but with no real reply.

Rich.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links