Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Noticed?

dawolf

During the last couple of days hardly anyone seems to be driving over the speed limit, obviously due to the fuel crisis. Must admit I've been driving like a bit of a grandad myself, not revving over 3000rpm if I can help it. I've managed to get 140 miles to half a tank, normally only get about 90.

I've taken it easy and got 160km to half a tank :crybaby:

Ahh. The joys of Turbos :D Actually i noticed it today on the M27. Only a couple of cars overtook me and i was doing a steady 65. :yes:

I've taken it easy and got 160km to half a tank :crybaby:

Ahh. The joys of Turbos :D Actually i noticed it today on the M27. Only a couple of cars overtook me and i was doing a steady 65. :yes:

I've been sticking to 65 on the M-way too. What's the best speed for max fuel economy??

Hrm i guess government will drop petrol prices now.

Think of all the money they're losing if people are driving slow :eek:

-Z

ummm not everyone been driving slowly lol tonight was almost the night. blasted by a copper who saw me side on and got pulled by 3 police vehicles a mile away :crybaby: who headed me off after i started chilling.... didnt even know they was there ...... oh hang on ....they werent there which is i guess why i only got a producer :P thank my lucky stars .... surprisingly they were the nicest police officers ive come across in a long while even tho both they and i were fairly darn sure i did something pretty darn naughty which one of them saw :rolleyes: think i just got my calm down or bad things will befall me warning.

Defo agree today the time to live, also think aint no point having a nice car only to let it coke up at urban cycle speeds but man i was lettin rip n didnt really realise what speed i was goin till ahem :ph34r: an they knew it .. definate automatic ban im certain if theyed vascar'd me. truly truly lucky sod i was, seein as im fairly certain that the original popo vehicle was a vascar unit even tho cop said it wasnt. i get the feelin what i did back there wudda been a good endorsement for making me one of the poster children for why not to drive nice cars like some kinda crackdonkey on a mission. was fun tho lol how could i not enjoy that YAY i LIVED feelin. just probably shouldnt repeat tomorrow an day after, a push bike wouldnt be the same ><

Hah ya do get a blast outa it, but you can't really do it too often!

It's of of them things though. Theres a time and place for it ;)

-Z

Slower is generally better - the wind resistance increases massively as you go faster, so your fuel consumption increases as a result.

Obviously you need to drive according to the conditions, and don't want to drive at 40 mph on the motorway just to save a bit of fuel.

The other old rule was that engines tended to be most efficient at the point where they produced maximum torque. Not sure that still applies with the VVTi, and on the MR2 max torque is at 4400 rpm I believe. Those revs in 6th would presumably put you well over the legal limit, so I suppose that doesn't help in this case.

Last week i did 170miles to £40 :eek: , alot of boosting going on due to setting up AVC-R. This week got boost turned off (well wastgate regulated only). well see what this brings but its looking good so far........

Hrm i guess government will drop petrol prices now.

Think of all the money they're losing if people are driving slow :eek:

-Z

Good old Gordon Brown reckons the public want stability on fuel prices, more so than a reduction. Dunno which public he's been speaking to? The rich side maybe! 47p a litre goes as tax, that's double the tax that any other country in Europe pays. Greedy sons of B@!%$*"!!!!!

I have noticed a general slow down in populace... i was only going about 70-75 on my way home the other night... and I deffo wasnt slow compared to a lot of cars.... was odd, thought mebbe my speedo was out :P

So far best I think I have gotten out of Skye is about 350 to a tank of optimax...

well I have to say this whole fuel thing isn't fair for me.... I've only just got the car in the last week and I can't help but have a play :rolleyes: it's a tough time indead for a new owner :P however I'm only queuing up when that little light comes on...

What would you say was best and more economical speed to do when your in 6th gear?  P.P.

Didnt know the Mk3 were six speed, bit impressed by that :P lol!

Have a chat to les or cfc1 they both have MK3's - cant think of many more peeps with one ,most are Mk2 on here :)

Definitely people have slowed down on the motorways, including me. I've managed to get over 340 miles and not even near the half way mark................................. Oh, forgot to mention that's in me 206 HDI :D

Fuel prices might come down by 4p next week. I laugh in the face of all the idiots panic buying :lol:

Joe

i havent been pootling about anywhere. pedal to the metal i say and if petrol runs out, tough t1tty for my work place cos i stay at home :lol:

well I have to say this whole fuel thing isn't fair for me.... I've only just got the car in the last week and I can't help but have a play  :rolleyes: it's a tough time indead for a new owner  :P  however I'm only queuing up when that little light comes on...

Was just saying to a couple of mates afew days ago.. I sold at the right time ehh.. :rolleyes:

Fizz Bomb,

Have u been driving slower or noticed any difference in fuel consumption this week  :!Removed!:

:boxing: bring it on fat boi!

speakin of petrol prices .... wonder what gordon B would do if all the ppl started driving really really sodding quickly lol. couldnt hope to imprison or ban everybody and petrol would really run out very quickly! total open revolution lmao as tony soprano said, summat like this ' parents are in real sheeeet when the kids realise the parents are really powerless' and im feelin the government are soundin a bit like some kinda fascist parents these days. i say NO to GO SLOW and YES to THROTTLE DEPRESS ! :thumbsup:

if anyone wants to vote me for prime minister ill sack them all and install TOC members in key positions to decide motoring issues B)

1) compulsory track days where if you get in the slowest third ur banned for a month

2) 3 points for being over 10 miles above the speed limit, 6 for being 20 over, 9 for being double, and 12 for well and truly !Removed! the speed limits over > score over 100 points in any given month and get a free restaraunt meal with exotic company supplied!

3) beat a police car and and recieve commendation and merit with invite to the next pursuit in ur area

4)free services for extra cool driving manouvers

etc etc ....some thoughts gone into this :lol: