Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pictures Of Mk3 Mr2

Penelope Pitstop

P.P, keep your eye on the events section in general as we also hold a few larger national events each year which often involves overnight camping or hotelling - good laugh! JAE (Japanese Auto Extraveganza) is the biggest show of it's kind in the UK where for the last couple of years have had the largest stand there. This year we even had a Toyota F1 simulator car with the TTE people there B)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Penelope Pitstop

• cfc1

• GIDDLEPIN

• T600

whilst driving home last week i noticed my windscreen wiper( the rubber bit) seemed to be working itself away from the metal arm bit.....i pushed the rubber bit back on the metal bit and it looked o.k. however on coming home from work this evening it has happened again,, do i need to click the rubber bit back onto the metal arm bit someway or simply is it knackered........from P.P. blonde whoos only good at cleaning cars and not got a clue bout anyfin else (LOL) help guys

Difficult to know what the problem is without knowing exactly where the problem is. It could be the blade is on back to front, or a could be a problem with a clip or something.

You proabably need to take it to the dealer ASAP. As car's so new they should cover it under warranty; unless the rubber has been vandalised or something.

If the rubber comes away completely when you're using the wipers then the blade may scratch the screen which will be much more expensive to put right.

T

Mine does it every now and again, ever since I had a new set of crappy genuine Toyota blades fitted.

All I do is clip them back into the retainer. :thumbsup:

Thanx chaps,,was concerned about the glass getting scratch because the rubber bit slips down exposing the metal blade which could scratch windscreen? P.P.

I'm really surprised that a simple problem like this should be occuring Les. Many, many years ago I was an Engineer at Trico Wiper Blades and we'd have been shot over a problem like that.

I imagine the rubber is sliding outwards through the harness, as without something to hold the rubber that's the direction in which it tends to move.

The blade is normally retained at the inbound end of the harness by a clip or else by the inbound yoke being crimped into depressions on either side of the rubber. Is there something wrong with that part of the harness?

If it's the type without a clip then you might be able to fix it by gently closing up the yoke that should be gripping the blade. It's only the inbound one that should hold the blade firm, on all the others it needs to run freely in order to adjust itself to the curvature of the glass.

One of my friends clipped blade back in( i cant do these things you see) when i read all technical stuff what you chaps do to your cars it goes straight over my head......I f works loose again gonna take it back to Toyota to get it replaced......Anyhow only 2/3 weeks left till i get my private plate put on...................Weheeeeyyyy bought my name for it....H4 LYN

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links