Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valve Caps Stolen

yaris30

just to let yass know valve caps are becoming a target for thieves ..sad i know ..mine were robbed while i was off cycling in the city ..thieving scum :censor:

They have been for a while - mostly kids.

Some of my mates have had them nicked off their motorbikes whilst parked up.

I just stick with regular black plastic ones, as they're not as wanted as "special" ones.

i had the silver ones on my old car, was at the gym one day on the treadmill and i see 2 kids walk up to the car and kneel down, i though, little gits, belted it out the gym thru reception and gave chase to one of them, he had 2 in his hand, the other kid dropped the one he had so i got them all back!

Jay

They nick them for their bicycles :censor:

Our Focus had them on when we got it, within a week they had gone from the side we can't see from the window :(

Had 2 on my motorbike, but only got one on that now (not sure if I lost though??)

Yeah, a fair amount of them changed hands at my school, I've only got plastic 1s on mine, there's no point in robbing them because they're the same as the average bike & the kids want them to pimp up their wheels

the first night after i bought my car and the little :censor: stole them, so got some anti-theft ones on now and so far have lasted nearly a year :thumbsup:

3 of Yaz's gold ones were stolen once.... 3 ... I thought it odd... oh well.. might get some nice anti theft ones for Skye when I can be bothered... she has good old plain black plastic ones atm

I like the look of the different coloured ones but I know there is no point in getting any as people will steal them!!

Is it possible for them just to "fall off" tho if they arent screwed on properly? I've not had it happen but it's something I wondered about..

Had aluminium caps on my Astra(long ago- bout 6 months) and had to get two of my valves replaced because they wouldn't come off- annoying!

Then put on cheap/tacky plastic Skulls(present from my Mum- honest) and they were robbed outside my house- all 4, and it was one of the rare times that it wasn't parked in the drive!

I knew who did it but couldn't really prove anything, so never replaced them. In all fairness- a bunch of 18/19 year olds- you'd expect it from kids, but like, time to grow up!

Oh, btw: if you do have alu caps best way to keep em from sticking is to spray WD40/spray grease inside the threads of the cap and it shoudn't ever stick ;)

Yes and if you check your tyre pressures regularly, that should help too.

I had some red anodized aluminium ones on my last car. Lasted a whole six weeks whilst on hols in Wales and less than thirty minutes outside my house!

Liking the look of the new Richbrooks though :yes:

im getting richbrook anti-theft ones shortly so they cant nick them

When I had the Corolla some kids knicked 2 TRD ones off it, I presume for a bike. I bought another set of four so had two spare.

Just got black plastic ones on the MR2 now. When I had black plastic ones on my Rover I caught two kids helping themselves to two of them, when I lived in Leeds. Shouted at them from upstairs window and they legged it leaving them behind.

I'd personally be weary of the anti-theft ones. Just a small allen grub screw in the side. They'll still get them off and knacker the threads on your valves at the same time :ffs:

Joe

i had the ones with grub screws but they did come off and two have gone, now i have got the new richbrook ones that work like mcgard wheel nuts, they spin so u cant turn em off, need a key - havent tried em yet tho

i had the ones with grub screws but they did come off and two have gone, now i have got the new richbrook ones that work like mcgard wheel nuts, they spin so u cant turn em off, need a key - havent tried em yet tho

are these plain silver? how do you use the key?

keep getting mine pinched, and the anti theft ones are crap, too much of a pain in the bum to get on and off when checking tyre pressures.

dont want any neon pink crap though - just plain silver

yeah, i had a nice logo'd set of alloy ones that were on the car for 3 years, went home for a weekend and they went...

kids i reckon, and if i ever get my hands on them....