Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Always Get A Second Opinion!

biffstergray

I needed a couple of tyres recently, and went to ATS to do it. Whilst there we noticed OIL/GREASE? underneath the engine.

1/4 of a mile away was a MR T, who put it on the ramps.

An hour later they came and told me my CV'S were leaking and could do it for £438!.

My boss then took it to the local place where he got my yaris mot'd. They told him it was NOT leaking but infact was where he had sprayed something underneath the engine or somewhere after mot'ing it.

Also, whilst reading MR T's report, I noticed that they put down the tred reading for my tyres as 6mm outer,7 middle and 6 inner. This was the new tyres that had done approx 1/4 of a mile!. Do tyres have more tred in the centre or is MR T having a laugh?.

Biff

It is a shame and a disgrace when one hears of this sort of under-hand practice/crooked behaviour from the motor trade, as it gives all garages a bad name which of course all do not deserve; most are very good.

What is even more shameful (of the garage) is that you took it to a Main Dealer who are supposed to be knowledgeable of said make of car!

I have to say I think someone was trying it on! :yes:

That's terrible, not sure about the tyres tho..perhaps they are marginally thicker as that is the section which carries most weight? (yes I know I'm not very technical!)

Also, whilst reading MR T's report, I noticed that they put down the tred reading for my  tyres as 6mm outer,7 middle and 6 inner. This was the new tyres that had done approx 1/4 of a mile!. Do tyres have more tred in the centre or is MR T having a laugh?.

Biff

All tyres are slightly different... some have a square shoulder and some have a slightly rounded shoulder, now, depending how close to the edge of tyre the mechanic was with his depth gauge.. if they have the rounded shoulder, they would indeed measure slightly lower on the edges... this is perfectly normal.

The reason tyres have rounded or square shoulders is to do with ride comfort.. road noise and useage (winter tyres will mostly have a square shoulder for added grip)

Davy

I know its not the right thing to do, but at times like this I think its fair to name and shame the dealer involved just incase anyone has a similar problem....

Its not fair that they can rip customers off, luckily you haqd a 2nd opinion biff, but think of all those customers who didnt.... :angry:

It's not really a totally fair test though is it. I mean your local mechanic had 'inside' information - it was him that sprayed the lube near your cv boots. To be fair, to anyone who didn't know that and checked over your car, the obvious conclusion would have been a split cv boot.

But how difficult is it for anyone.. never mind an experienced mechanic to spot a hole in a bit of rubber??? The guy has seen greese and then ASSUMED it had a hole in it... if he had bothered to actually check it.. he would have seen what had happened.

But how difficult is it for anyone.. never mind an experienced mechanic to spot a hole in a bit of rubber??? The guy has seen greese and then ASSUMED it had a hole in it... if he had bothered to actually check it.. he would have seen what had happened.

spot on davy!

On the plus side, I needed a wiper blade (Rear) for my 15 y.o. Corolla Exec liftback coz the nice man in the spare parts shop knackered the holder when he didn't have a blade to fit :ffs:

Knew that the hubby of lady down the road in a Boutique works for Mr. T. so asked her to ask him etc.

Next day, lo & behold, the correct blade & screw on holder, complete with screws, comp;iments of Mr. T :thumbsup::thumbsup:

When will they ever learn. If they continue to treat customers like this they will never get customers continuing to bring they cars to them once the warranty has expired. Thats why we choice to take them to independent garages and not TOYOTA :ffs: This is bad :angry:

jerry!!