Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Conversion

doddy

just would like to know if anyone has done one im sure i ve seen a yaris with a 1.8 engine but cant remember who it was how hard is it to do cause i dont want to change the car but want more power i think a t-sport engine would be an easy way out and be like every one else. :ffs:

there was a pic floating around of it, altho its a very tight squeeze for the 1.8 and i believe the front has to be extended by a couple of inches.. ts or 1.3 starlet/glanza engine should work

lol extend the front??? :lol: but then the bumpers, wings, bonnet would nt fit :D

charlie......**slap** i dont know howmany times i have to tell you lot, yo can't just go extending the front of a car :P, you chop bits out of the inside to make it fit, (of course you then have to re-enforce it) also the vvtl-i in theat car most likely was put in from the bottom of the car and lifted up before mounting. love you

so a 1.3 turbo out of a starlet would fit just im sure they have more power than a standard t- sport anyway. Ive seen a turbo kit for the starlet which brings in up to about 200bhp which would be nice but of coubik i would miss out on the vvti :(

not totally true minis which have the civic engine conversion (vti conversion is becomming more common) has the front end extended several inches, so it can and has been done (just on a mini though)

As for changing the engine in a yaris it will be cheaper to buy a t sport

yes but it would be a t-sport which most of you have i cant help but like to be differant besides i like my car to much to get rid of it, think i just like the idea of a turbo in it

not totally true minis which have the civic engine conversion (vti conversion is becomming more common) has the front end extended several inches, so it can and has been done (just on a mini though)

As for changing the engine in a yaris it will be cheaper to buy a t sport

yeah but your changing the look of the car and then you have to have new pannels made, which is fairenough for mini's cause they've been out for years, but it just isn't a feasable way of doing it.

if you want the turbo put the starlet lump in, it will fit fine but will cost ££££'s, and as your yaris is not a t sport it has drums on the back so brakes and suspension will need doing costing you more ££££'s, i would not recommend it. Also insurance will be a !Removed!

didnt say it would be easy just differant besides im doin the outside first the one litre is good enough for me at min

You might be thinking of a company which put a 190ps 2zzge engine in a Yaris. I can't find the link at the moment, though.

It was a very expensive job, as I remember.

Paul.