Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Yaris 20k Service...

Gnome

I'm aware that as long as a garage uses Genuine Toyota parts, then it doesn't void your warranty.

However, upon looking in my Yaris service manual, the only thing to be replaced is the engine and oil filter.

Is that it?

If so, I'd really just need a Toyota oil filter, and the right oil, and the other areas to be inspected?

Please correct me if I am wrong though! ;)

That sounds about right, but I'll still be sticking mine to Mr T in a couple of months time...

A

Yes they may only change the oil and filter, but it is the other checks they carry out, checks on the transmision, braking, lights,emissions, bodywork and any lubrication (such as door hinges e.t.c)

Admitaly they are all things, the everage person can check if you are doing it yourself. What you need is a check list, my wife's car comes back from renault with ticks or advises on a service sheet, so you know what has been checked or done.

I guess this is your first service? If it is you should get one. But personaly I would pay more for a car with a FTSH rather than a FSH.

The choice is yours.

Suppose you're right Cornish, but how do you know all these checks have been done anyway, and not just ticked and forgotten about?

I'm keeping the car for a while, so I'm not bothered which garage it goes to.

Suppose you're right Cornish, but how do you know all these checks have been done anyway, and not just ticked and forgotten about?

I'm keeping the car for a while, so I'm not bothered which garage it goes to.

Good point, altho if something was to go wrong after the service which according to the tick sheet had been checked then surely that may fall back onto the garage for being negligent?