Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stone Chips

DrMR2

Has anyone ever tried to repair some stone chips on the bonnet or other part of the car? Can you give any tips or offer any advice on the best way to sort them out? i have heard rumours about toothpicks and sandpaper!!

I have quite a few small ones on the bonnet with a couple going down past the paint.

Cheers

Doing it yourself?... not really a clue... but ChipsAway do offer a pretty good service :thumbsup:

I'll be using them when i get some money together to sort my '2

Had a go once at filling some in by sanding the area very lightly, then filling the chip with paint, then sanding again, then a drop of lacquer, then sand smooth, then buff to shine!

Did the job of filling the chip but looked crap, don’t try it! :unsure:

i know it isnt really the same but..... i got this like lipstick thing with some turtlewax polish that jus stops rust forming if its down to metal and makes things look ahem a little better if its not that bad.... just kinda lipstick the chip and it isnt quite as visible .... kinda worked ok on a little dinge ive got that the owner before me apparently decided he wasnt doing anything about... now looks better than it did with the bit of rust that was forming there.... that animal how could he ><

If its just the bonnet and there are quite a few then id say go to your local bodyshop and ask them to re-spray the bonnet, if its down to the metal i wouldnt leave it long - will only get worse

I wouldnt advise trying it yourself if youve got no experience because as said above its not that easy to get it looking nice :thumbsup: