Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Sure If I Have A Prob....

nathanfreke

Well my clutch went in my car so i changed it and whilst i changed it i gave it a filter and oil change and also thought it would be nice to fit a decat pipe. The decat pipe is an xs power 3" one whch my friend has on his gt4 and it seemed to make a nice increase in power. Since i have had it back on the road it just doesnt seem to be as qucik. i changed my plugs today for some ngk 7's (6097 i think) the ones recomended anyway but it just seems to lack punch and as you rev it through the range it feels ever so slightly rough, just holds back a little accross the range and the power tails off a lot to the red line where as before it seemed to have good power up there. One other thing i did was put a manual boost controller on and set it to 1bar but thought that this may be the problem so removed it straight away but no difference so i re fitted it again and raised the boost agan ever so slightly, about 1 psi more but there doesnt seem to be much real difference between 0.9bar and just under 1.1 which did suprise me. BTW its a rev 3 so runs the bigger ct20b turbo which should be able to handle higher boost right?

Maybe its just in my head but it doesnt feel 100% to me. Just wondered if anyone has ever experienced anything like this before?? One other thing is that the de cat pipe has a slight slight blow where it bolts to the manifold but you can barely hear it when lay under the car, dont know if that would make any dfference. I'm also running std exhaust from cat back. i had a quick look for the obvious - bad earth, split turbo hose etc but have found nothing yet.

Help is much appreciated thanks,

Nathan

Removing the cat does reduce torque at low revs as far as i know, but obviously increases flow, so the turbo should spool up quicker and you should ave more HP in genral!

Have you disconected the vsv if you put on a mcb ?

is it a grainer mcb or a bleed valve ?

Posibly a fueling / timing issue above 1.0 that prevents it having any more power ?!

I've got the same downpipe as you too and it made a hell of a difference!! Turbo spools up a lot lower down the rev range. I've had a Unichip fitted and boost controller after the downpipe. It does sometimes feel a little hesitant up to 3500, then all hell lets loose and the acceleration makes you feel sick. I would definitely say it's quicker than stock just with the downpipe by some margin.

Maybe try resetting the ECU? After all of those changes it'll be very confused :wacko:

Joe

Thanks for the info guys. the mbc is ball and spring and the vsv is still connected. I reset the ecu and it does feel alot fruitier now so i gues that was my problem. Just ordered a full exhaust now so that should help things along nicely, can i expect much power form an exhaust??

Thanks again,

Nathan

Thanks for the info guys. the mbc is ball and spring and the vsv is still connected. I reset the ecu and it does feel alot fruitier now so i gues that was my problem. Just ordered a full exhaust now so that should help things along nicely, can i expect much power form an exhaust??

Thanks again,

Nathan

Glad to hear it's running better.

You won't notice a lot more pull from an after market exhaust, just a nicer sound :D

The biggest exhaust mod you have already done.

Joe