Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looking For Rim & Tiresize Carina E 1996

Shaky

Hi,

Who can tell me all the possible rim and tyre sizes for a Toyata Carina E from 1996.

Tyre size now is 175/70 R14

I want to know this because I'm looking for wintertyres including rims. The size 175/70 R14 is not that easy to find in Holland.

Thank you for replying.

Martijn

You can fit the 5 stud Celica or Avensis 15" wheels if required. Else stick to 175/70/14 for winter or move to 185/60/14 for summer on standard 14" rims

• 2 months later...

The main thing to do when changing tyre size or plus sizing your wheels is the total diameter. This is so your speedometer and odometer don't vary much. I have calculated this with various wheels and tyres.

You do this by taking the wheel size and multiplying by 25.4. then multiply the tire width by the aspect ratio times 2. Add these together. This is your total diameter.

For example for carina original wheel and tyre of 175/70R14 :

(14 x 25.4) + (170 x 0.70 x 2) = 600.6

Therefore, a 14" wheel, you need a 175/70 or 185/65 tyre. For a 15" wheel, you need 195/55 tyre. For 16" : 205/45. These are just a few.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi,

Who can tell me all the possible rim and tyre sizes for a Toyata Carina E from 1996.

Tyre size now is 175/70 R14

I want to know this because I'm looking for wintertyres including rims. The size 175/70 R14 is not that easy to find in Holland.

Thank you for replying.

Martijn

I use 185/70 - R14 winter tyres for my Carina E 1.8 SLI 1996. The speedometer shows 2-3 km less than actual speed at 100km/h

-Erik