Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I've Nitroused My Cts!

DarrenH

Just thought i would share with you that i've fitted a nitrous express kit to my cts.

I can highly recommend it, there is a big difference with the low down power even running the smaller jets.

Floor it and hit the button at 3000rpm and it kicks like it's going into the high cam.

Great fun!

Although my 10lb bottle is empty after a week :)

£40-50 to fill it back up :(

Just thought i would share with you that i've fitted a nitrous express kit to my cts.

I can highly recommend it, there is a big difference with the low down power even running the smaller jets.

Floor it and hit the button at 3000rpm and it kicks like it's going into the high cam.

Great fun!

Although my 10lb bottle is empty after a week  :)

£40-50 to fill it back up  :(

sounds good how much it all cost to fit? and how much petrol u getting through? :hokus-pokus:

The kit was £450 (funky product), fitting was £350 inc a full bottle.

Getting through a little more fuel, but who cares!! :D

Quality :thumbsup:

Whats your 0-60 with now with nitrous?

I've not timed it yet, there will be an improvement, but without serious work i dont think the T-sport will ever have a really good 0-60, but once its moving with the gas going it is quite a lot quicker. Also hit the gas in 6th and 70 soon becomes 100... or so! ;) Few more things planned over the next few months and then i'll get up the pod to get some real timings.

And tesco were suprisingly helpful with the insurance!

• 2 weeks later...

Job well done! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

few questions... I own a tsport corolla for more than a year, and all this time i was researching the possibility to install a nitous system on my car. (i had a corolla 1.3 G6 with NOS installed in the past with no problems at all). Many local dealers discouraged me from doing that since the 2zz engine has a very high compression ratio (11.5:1).

They said that the engine would break soon. :wacko:

SO... my questions.

Is your car still working?

How much nitrous do you inject? (they usualy count it on HP).

Where exaclty did you put the nitrous injector?

:thumbsup:

SO... my questions.

Is your car still working?

How much nitrous do you inject? (they usualy count it on HP).

Where exaclty did you put the nitrous injector?

:thumbsup:

Ha ha, yeah it's still working! The garage that installed it for me, assures me that as long as im sensible with it there should be no problems.

Just keep to the rules, like dont inject when the car is labouring (under 3500rpm).

The nozzle is not in the best place to be honest, it's not really close enough to the throttle body, but i was limited by the hoses that came with the kit. So its about half way along the intake pipe from the air box.

I've got the 30-40hp jets in currently, which is enough. Need to get a bottle heater too, to make sure the bottle pressure is around 900psi before using.

If you've had nitrous before, you know how much fun it can be!! B)

Well im just hoping nothing major goes wrong with the engine!!!

Who needs warranties... it's a Toyota, they never go wrong...... ;)