Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Computer Question....

Jamesb4uk

I've got an Access database that logs helpdesk calls & automaticaly generates e-mails to the user.

my problem is that due to Outlooks security patch i recieve an error message saying "a program is trying to send e-mail on your behalf"

does anyone know a patch for this??

J

Im sure there there must be a gpo setting where you can get it to ignore such messages

In that case you are going to have to reprogram/reengineer your software to get around the problem :(

There's a plugin type thing that's meant to sort that, but its never worked on mine (for the interface between Outlook and our quality management softrare...)

I just answer "Yes" and then "No" to all the other questions...

A

You need Redemption. :D

Seriously - google Outlook Redemption. Check out info by Sue Mosher too. Freeware version is OK, but really you should buy the enterprise version - though I recall it's about $99 to install it on every PC in your company.

I wrote an Outlook based Workflow system a while back and needed to use Redemption to get round this issue.

Tony

hmmm

2003 does my bean in, everytime you change your login pass at work everyone has to retype their email pass :ffs:

which everyone forgets... :ffs:

part of the extended security stuff MS goes on about all the time i gather :rolleyes: