Do Not Sell My Personal Information

De Cat, Manifold And Backbox

admanirv

right guys, im going to get a de cat and manifold fitted and supplied by envy,

got a new IT job finally! If someone would be greatful answer my rather long questions? :D earlp?? lol

the s2000 fund is coming along nicelly BUT...im so intruiged and interested as to what the mods will be like when fitted.

though i have a few questions...

I allready have a relocated apexi. but wanting de cat and manifold

1st off i read charlies dyno results ( http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...c=37596&hl=dyno ) with sports car snd manifold why hell did his torque rating do down to 99 ft/lb when a t sport is 105 ft/lb standard thats a bit worrying (maybe a ****** dyno?) and why was it quoted @ revs!!, thats mean performance has been lowered ?!? :wacko::help:

Secondly, the rev redline is set a 6200 revs will this go up when the mods have been added? and will it increase acceleration through gears?

third, right im after performance not sound allthough de cat and manfiold combo does sound nice!, i havent got a back box as a) i want to look stealthy not big fat zauist tips for me and c) reduce noise - doing that though keeping standard backbox may descrease performance slighly?!?? becuase of the bore diameter on standard backbox? - think it maybe neglible tho??

last, im going to remove my ice and backseats and tyres only any idea what 1/4 mile ill be running? 16.5???

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• Moffmo

• admanirv

• clarky

Top Posters In This Topic

6200 you sure? myneedle just touches the edge of the 7000 dot at the limiter? + back box will prolly not help you + 1/4 miling is all down to the driver not the mods. i reckon lee could get 16's in mosst of the tsports when we went.

Other thing to consider is that I ran the manifold with a standard mid section and my HKS backbox and it was ridiculously loud!

So I reckon with the t-sport backbox and catless mid and header it'll still be loud - not as loud but sporty.

Mines rev way past the 6.2 mark and ... I find the car much more free reving with the header so yeah it gets more out of each gear

with a higher flow a dinky little engine will loose backpressure and due to that, loose on low end grunt, but youll make up with top end power

when i had the straight thru system on mind it was a bit farty round town, but clog the peddle and you where away!

with a higher flow a dinky little engine will loose backpressure and due to that, loose on low end grunt, but youll make up with top end power

when i had the straight thru system on mind it was a bit farty round town, but clog the peddle and you where away!

cheers guys for you help, but

by loosing low end grunt do you mean that acceleration in the lower revs e.g 2000, 3000 will not be as good, then when i get to say the 5000revs is will be better, if thats the case its a trade off?!??, or do you mean ill get a highier top end speed?

or do you mean

for example from 0-50mph or 60mph in standard t sport will be better than, a modded t sport again to 0-50 or 60mph? - i think thats a btter wya of explaining?

50 - 90mph will be better in a modded t sport, than a standard one??

cheers

chris made an interesting point on the santa pod runs at one point for a short perioid of time, chris was level with charlie then charlie satarting pulling a away shortluy afterwards and gained a better 1/4mile

charlie was runnign a sports cat, and manfiold

from the off itll feel a little sluggish compared to normal, but once you hit the top end itll make you grin :D

chris made an interesting point on the santa pod runs at one point for a short perioid of time, chris was level with charlie then charlie satarting pulling a away shortluy afterwards and gained a better 1/4mile

charlie was runnign a sports cat, and manfiold

thats because chris got a better start thatn me and was in front at the beginning , but yes as mine picked up speed u noticed the power difference

oh and if u dont want loud no point getting these mods :P

how much for decat pipe from envy? they didnt get back to me on it.

i got quoted 250 fro de cat, 110 for manifold and 100 for fittin the two

250 for a decat or a sports cat?

if its a decat.... !Removed! hell!!!

250 for a decat or a sports cat?

if its a decat.... !Removed! hell!!!

250 for a bit of piping? thanks but no thanks. *****...

sorry earpl it just doesn't add up unless you've done something to your car and not said anything about it. Rossnova's car wasn't this powerful and his was chipped, in the past we've been throwing figures of 140-150BHP with a supercharger/turbo...

Under your hood according to your garage (performance related) we have:

Apexi induction (i'm presuming relocated)

decat

perrin crank pully

fujitsubo

and not listed but possibly a megan racing header?

Now, if these can add up to create a 139HP 'NA' Yaris, congratulations, but I highly doubt it....