Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Paseo Turbo

glanzajim

Hi, yea thats mine ive changed my user name to this now, become a gold member and it wouldnt work with the original user name.

Glad you like it!

i dont think you can get superchargers to work on the fe engines mate, ive asked about this before, i think its due to the belts being on the wrong side to the throttlebody, also because there is no room for another belt.

Rich.

How do you add a turbo to a paseo engine? dont you need the top half of the 4e-fte???

Riko666 knows absolutely everything about this mate.

Try PMing him or wait for him to see this and he can tell you.

I think the bottom end of the seo is good for more power or something thats why people only use the top half of the 4e-fte.

How do you add a turbo to a paseo engine? dont you need the top half of the 4e-fte???

Riko666 knows absolutely everything about this mate.

Try PMing him or wait for him to see this and he can tell you.

I think the bottom end of the seo is good for more power or something thats why people only use the top half of the 4e-fte.

The 5efe bottom end is not as strong as the 4efte, looking at the US and Japan there have been many 5efe turbo conversions but they need to run low boost on standard internals and to be honest the more I look into it a full conversion seems the safer option ;)

if you run it around 7-9 psi then it should be fine as long as you go with fuellling mods and use 98/99ron fuel. after that look into forhed pistons which are available for 5efe. and you can also consider the 5efhe.

turbo the 5efe will fell a whole lot different to a 4efte.

look on the austarletclub.com, or check out braidedlines.com, dale has proven the n/a fe engines are stronger than people think.

he runs 20 psi on his standard internals 4efe engine in his starlet, running a tdo4l turbo dyno'd at 204bhp. apparently according to dale the key to reliability is the tune.

Rich.

turbo'ing the 5e is tempting because of the larger cc of the motor, but the internals are not able to handle more than 8 psi stock without spiking, whereas the 4e, if i remember correctly, can get up to about 14 safely. the higher compression in the 4e doesn't help, but i'd sooner bore out that engine and put a t3/t4 on than try to completely rebuild a 5e to handle a more appropriate amount of boost. also, it's a LOT cheaper to do the 4e.

pretty much what everyone said here. basically people just use the essential (i.e. internals) of the 4efte and transfer it to the 5efe, and then as said, run at a slightly lower cr (thicker gaskets etc)

but, i think if you just uprate some things, rods, cylinder sleeves (extreme) gaskets, pistons, you can go with higher boost...as demonstrated by the braidedlines car (i swear it was 21psi?)

totally.

and i like the fact that hes proving that you can turbo the 4efe, which alot of people have called 'a pointless exercise' because there is the 4efte.

Rich.

and on stock internals too!! i thought it was common practice that one should not exceed 21psi on a stock internalled / turbo'd 4efte as a) the conrods will snap, and B) the ct9a/b turbo is reeeeeally inefficient by then....dale's crazzzy

yup...which is a good thing, cause thats what i plan to do with my cynos beta project.....

now.....anyone want to donate me a 1996 cynos beta? preferrably in black with all extras? oh and its got to be a manual too and ultra low mileage...oh and throw in some cynos parts from japan too...and while you're at it chuck in the tdo04 kit as well, ask me for my postcode, thanks :lol:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links