Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's The Highest Mileage On A Yaris?

i b cornish

Hi Guys,

As I'm looking at a 100K+ car this weekend, I'm trawling to see what other people have, sorry it's not a poll but mileage is such a arbatury figure.

So has anyone gone above 100k without any problems.

Cheers

M

I once did 25k a year in a 1.0 - no problem...

Next one did 16k in 8 months before getting splatted.

This one has had it easy! 16,000 in 10 months :lol:

High mileage really shouldn't be a problem!

Alan

Currently sat at 97.5k - without a blip.

Ive had the car since 7k and its fine - aslong as u service it and generally look after it no issues

I'm currently at 84374 miles in an X reg (2000) which we've had from new. Up until the past week, it has happily done approx 300 miles per week commuting. It still runs a treat, and without looking at the bright LCD numbers on the dash, you'd never know. Only the usual service and tyres done so far (touch wood!!!) :P

~48200, runs ok, but but not like new - REMEMBER its a jap car, i could have an entire forest of moss growing on it and it'd still run :P

doesnt matter how little milage you do either, my dad has a 1999 model with just over 30k miles, ran fine until he missed a service!

Mileage is an arbitrary figure.

I'd be be more happy to look at a 10yr old car that's covered 120,000 miles than a 5 yr old car that's covered 10,000 miles. Engines are meant to be worked..leave em standing alot..short trips etc causes excessive wear.

As longs as she's been serviced and standard intervals she should see you good.

Although that's why I want to move back to diesel.. 100,000 miles and she's just about run in.

Just check the seals/hoses/ engine mountings. does she idle smoothly..any blueish smoke on start up? what's the clutch condition like... try and drive away with handbrake on...can you feel her pull..or is she slipping...many a check can be done.

Vipes

Well I guess I can now say that I have, now purchased the aforemetioned car. So mine is at 101000 miles ;-)

Thanks for all your help guys, I guess I'm part of the clan now.

M

We have a 1999 t reg 1.0 GS with 54k had it from 9 months old and everything is still original apart from two front tyres. Original brakes exhaust rear tyres only spent £60 on two front tyres in over 5 years “What more could you ask for from a good car”

• 1 month later...
Hi Guys,

As I'm looking at a 100K+ car this weekend, I'm trawling to see what other people have, sorry it's not a poll but mileage is such a arbatury figure.

So has anyone gone above 100k without any problems.

Cheers

M

Hi, my has done 136,870 (it is a T reg) and apart from routine servicing has had no probs

Hi, my has done 136,870 (it is a T reg) and apart from routine servicing has had no probs

Highest known mileage of a Yaris on TOC award goes to you! :D :thumbsup:

136K :eek:

Highest known mileage of a Yaris on TOC award goes to you! :D :thumbsup:

136K :eek:

Proof first ........ We need a photo :P !

Mine is on 60k and its getting a few problems here and there! :(

Not to worry, I'll be loving it again when its all sorted! :D :thumbsup:

164,000km, when she hits 300,000km it will be time for retirement but not a km sooner. Still runs like the day i got it, no oil consumption, 40-45MPG. Its had new struts and dampers tho and i will probably replace the O2 sensor soon, just to be safe.

Ull find the interior/body and suspension will die before the engine if u look after it :rolleyes: