Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Your Job

MIP

How challenging is your work?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. How challenging is your work?

• Physically and mentally exhausting
    • Mentally exausting
    • Physically exausting
    • Seasonal bursts of work
    • Autopilot
    • It wouldn't matter if I was steaming drunk

my job is generally both physically and mentally draining everyday....more so when away on operations...but its an intresting job of sorts , and can sometimes be very involving to say the least, especially in the past few years

Generally... Mentally exhausting. Application development and other associated computer stuff. Wouldn't be too bad if the clients understood what "Final Spec" f***ing means! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

I work with CAD in building design. To actually draw the lines requires the skill of a very unskilled monkey or work experience pupil (just from experience). But all the working out of how long to draw a line takes most of the day!! lot's of effort and no result!!! :ffs:

I'll let you know when I get one  :thumbsup:

As far as my last job went I would tick all of the above  :yes:

SNAP. :thumbsup:

I just returned to my old job as a diesel fitter. Most of it is fairly straight forward everyday stuff that you can do one hand tied behind your back. But.. I`ve got so physically unfit over the last couple of years that i`m starting to wonder how long i can keep the pace up. :unsure:

And every now and then someting`ll crop up and i`m stumped cos it`s all very sophisticated getting. And i have to ask a 20 year old. :ph34r:

I`m just too old. :lol::lol:

No job here either......ex-student you see (well my excuse!)

Is TOC full of unemployed scum......lol :thumbsup: !

I know the feeling. I work as a Bus fitter in London. Hours depend on what breaksdown and where.. My Day could be anything between 10 and 15hrs a day sometimes 7 days a week if were short of staff. :(

my job is phisically and mentally draining. i work on an onshore drilling rig in the uk. exciting but can be robotic. crappy 12 hour shifts 2 weeks away from home and getting mucked up to the eye balls. summer isn't too bad but at the moment were rig moving to weymouth and the present site at the mo is 3 inch deep in snow not good. :crybaby:

My job requires alot of thought, and then putting that into process (IT network Admin and desktop support).

Although I don't find the job difficult, it's the talking to end users that can get frustrating.

There are times when I have to lay cables, move PC's round offices, etc, that can get physically tiring, but at present it's so quiet I spend slot of time surfing the net!

:D

I have to agree on that one Gnomey! End users are the bain of my existence!!!! Crawling round in roofspace and running a bundle of cables down a couple of floors is nothing in comparison!! Although i did select Autopilot from the options, as it is pretty much the same phone conversations i have all day! "Have you rebooted? What's the error message? Are you an idiot?" :lol:

The part of my job that needs the most effort is the networking, and lets face it, terminating a panel of cat 5 cabling ain't exactly hard is it? ;)

I work with CAD in building design. To actually draw the lines requires the skill of a very unskilled monkey or work experience pupil (just from experience). But all the working out of how long to draw a line takes most of the day!! lot's of effort and no result!!! :ffs:

lol

As a product designer I know the feeling! You can easily spend most of the day on one small sketch or one tiny area of an assembly and end up with something that looks no different to what you had at the beginning of the day.

When we've had a "hardcore" concepting session you brain is fried because you've spent all the time trying to think of something new, different and better.

Despite my moans I do enjoy the job a lot...

:D

A

*returns to surfing the 'net as he's stuck...

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links