Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Avensis - Steamy Windows!

adam787_1

Hi all,

Quick question, my 1998 Avensis 1.8GL seems to steam up alot. The front windscreen, back window and side windows always seem to be fully of condensation. I put the fan on which clears the front screen ok but the side windows continue to be steamy. Is there a reason for this. I had an Avensis before this and never had this problem.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Adam

It usually happens in well sealed cars.

Although it could mean the drain pipe is blocked from the A/C and letting moisture into the car.

Eitherway when using the fan to clear the mist, do you have the A/C on as this greatly helps to clear the condensation.

Also check to see if you have got your vents set to fresh air instead of recycle on the fresh air setting. If in recycle mode it will make the car steam up as no fresh air is entering the car.

jerry!!

If you havent ever changed the pollen filter and its dirty and blocked, it will constantly steam up, with or without A\C on. They need to be changed every 2 years.

a/c filters in drivers footwell left of the clutch,

i find using the a/c then turning it off makes the windows misst up, if u set the heater to full(hot) and set it to the windscreen and open the fresh air vent (center vents) this demissts the car fully

a/c filters in drivers footwell left of the clutch,

i find using the a/c then turning it off makes the windows misst up, if u set the heater to full(hot) and set it to the windscreen and open the fresh air vent (center vents) this demissts the car fully

Tell me about it my corolla is a swine for doin that if i unmist the car using the heater then put on air-con it mists up if i use the air-con to de-mist then turn it off it mists up in seconds. I should think its to do with the suddern temputure change, i leave the air-con on all the time now has anymore than one person in the car it mists up, using the air-con stops this and i only lose about 3mpg. Also i can change the temputure for hot to cold without any misting as the air-con removes all moisture out of the air.

....... where is the A/C filter, BTW, i can't find it on my 2000 ("X" Reg) Avensis VVT-i, any help greatful

You have to peel back the carpet to the left of the clutch, and it is revealed. Two filters, one pulls out then the other drops down and they are !Removed! expensive which is probably why people dont like replacing them. About 50 odd quid for 2 cheap looking flimsy bits of plastic with toilet paper inside.