Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis Tourer Guard Net Clips

tcooper318d

Brought a new t3x Tourer and before I'd even left the dealer forecourt, had managed to pop out the plastic cover in the roof that hides the holes for the guard net. This happened every time we tried to use it & resulted in one of the covers breaking so that it was left having by a wire (think that might have been a sensor for the a/c). Spoke to the dealership & they were going to replace it from their demo car as they couldn't a replacement part in before I left on a driving holiday to france. Unfortunately, the demo car had also suffered the same fate!

Has anyone else had this problem????

It happened to us on our new avensis t spirit estate just one day after the purchase, "dam annoying" their is only about three small grabs at the back that seems to hold the unit in position,we had new ones fitted took about two weeks to arrive to our dealer and two minutes to fit. we are a bit iffy now about putting the cargo net up alone, and if we do fit it we find it a two person job one to hold the little cover in place and the other to fit the cargo net bar.Incidently we had the same problem on our last vehicle the 2002 rav but on our new car the return spring on the net seems a lot stronger than the tie down system toyota used on the rav. i do not know if your vehicle is the same as ours but if it is have you noticed that the front wheel arch inserts look ill fitting towards the front bumper ?

RE the wheel arches,

I assume you mean the black bit inside the wheel arch? (how technical am I!)

We had to get the driver side one refitted as it had come away, when we had our cover replaced, but I think that I may have touched a low curb on that one. But it could have been ill fitted in the first place, as I never had that problem with my last car (VW Passat).

Is it me or do I get the impression that the tourer was rushed to market & not quite up to the usual Toyota quality??

Avensis..Corolla...Toyota just aren't putting them together with the care and pride they used to.

Can anyone guess exactly WHAT has changed within Toyotas culture, to have brought about this sad state of affairs ???

Has cost cutting finally gone too far...???

Your thoughts anyone?

• 4 weeks later...
Avensis..Corolla...Toyota just aren't putting them together with the care and pride they used to.

Can anyone guess exactly WHAT has changed within Toyotas culture, to have brought about this sad state of affairs ???

Your thoughts anyone?

Could be that they moved their product lines to other countries. Which makes it a cost related issue. Same quality problems with Toyota parts made in Germany as opposed to those from Japan. The engines seem to be ok though.

Your thoughts anyone?

Let's just say i cannot be drawn into this but you are not far off the mark with your comments.

i have to say your comments are WAY off the mark, i work at burnaston now and the quality is a1, yes , there are a few build problems on the production line that we are not supposed to let on about, but nothing major and no car leaves the plant untill it is a1