Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla T2 1.4 D4d With Mmt

dawesy

here it is. i am considering leasing a new corolla from work (works out extreemly good VFM) :yes:

looking at gettin the T2 1.4D4D as it seems very economical. dosnt bother me its no rocket as i have the other rolla. but the thing is im looking at having the MMT transmision as i fancy an auto but would like the conveinience of a manual (and it has sequential shift too :) )

just want to know what experiance ppl have had with the MMT transmision, is it the best thing sice sliced bread or is it a PITA.

cheers

lee

To be honest i aint heard many good reviews about the MMT. The corolla verso owners dont rate it at all, maybe toyota have sorted out the problems with it but i aint never drove a toyota with mmt. My dad was looking at a mmt avensis but i've convinced him to look at a manual box version. Try asking some of the corolla verso owners that would be my advice.

The mmt's i have drove from other brands wern't that great so its not just toyota who are having problems getting to grips it.

mmmm thanks for the reply. might have to find a local dealer with a demo car to test. went to inchcape in notts but they only had manuals

WE have one at Huddersfield

I have driven it a few times and it takes 50 miles to get the knack of driving one.

before that you wouldnt want one

www.toyota.co.uk/westriding-huddersfield

Have been driving the MMT for the last six months and have found no quirks at all.

In the auto mode it is a bit different from a normal auto but it has no problem making fast gear changes and I seldom use the manual option.

The creep is not as strong as a conventional auto which makes the use of the handbrake on steep hill starts necessary. Overall average consumption so far 50.7mpg

There is a definate knack to driving one , ie. lifting off the accelerator very slightly as you feel the gear changing , then it is a smooth drive . If you keep your foot down through the gear change it can lurch a little . The verso is heavier and the engine weaker at low revs being a petrol and as such makes it more difficult to keep smooth but it is still possible.

mmmm thanks for the reply. might have to find a local dealer with a demo car to test. went to inchcape in notts but they only had manuals

Whatever you do don.t get mmt I have had nothing but problems backwards and forwards to dealer breaks down and totally unsatisfactory response from dealership. Have had seven toyotas this one is a pig!

Whatever you do don.t get mmt I have had nothing but problems backwards and forwards to dealer breaks down and totally unsatisfactory response from dealership. Have had seven toyotas this one is a pig!

Verso has had problems with breaking down / non start

There is a modified ECU and Clutch kit which is a permanent fix ;)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links