Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aygo Delays

cs2005

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has encountered problems with regards to collecting their Aygos. The reason I'm asking is because I ordered a brand new 55 plate Aygo plus at the beginning of August and was told that it would be ready for 1st September.

It's been about 2 and a half weeks since then and the car still isnt ready - apparently it's been shipped across from abroad and only just had its protection pack fitted but it's still not with the garage.

Toyota customer care haven't been very useful to say the least and the dealership has offered one years free servicing for the inconvenience so far - has anyone else encountered similar problems?

If so, some feedback would be greatly appreciated, and what compensation have people been given?

Thanks

Ordered mine 6th September and have been promised delivery 27th ?

Will let you know if it gets delayed.

They asked me for my insurance yesterday to tax it so it seems to be going to plan.

At the point of order the dealer should check on the system and they can see how many are on order, pre built etc. . . . did they do this ?

Ordered mine 6th September and have been promised delivery 27th ?

Will let you know if it gets delayed.

They asked me for my insurance yesterday to tax it so it seems to be going to plan.

At the point of order the dealer should check on the system and they can see how many are on order, pre built etc. . . . did they do this ?

Yes as far as I know but for one reason or another things just dragged on. I am willing to wait till this Thursday as that will be exactly 3 weeks late - after that I can ask for my deposit back and get it elsewhere as I'm fed up of waiting!

Sorry to hear of your problems, have they kept you informed of whats going on or have you had to chase?

When I got my Yaris T3 in March last year there was problems at the DVLA - computers were down which meant the registration plate was delayed but they never informed me, instead I had to do the chasing!! :ffs:

Be firm with them and just say that if you do not get it soon then you will be going elsewhere, doubt they will wanna loose the sale so should (and i use that term lightly) crack on with it more for you.

Let us know how it goes,

Possibly they're struggling to keep up with demand?

Whatever it is, they should be informing you and not just leaving you hanging! A good dealership will always keep you in the loop - if your not happy with the service, find another Toyota centre!

Its a shame you're in Newcastle, I would recommend the Toyota branch in Leicester to anyone - they were excellent with my new Yaris - still, its a long way to go for an Aygo, but at the end of the day - you're the customer and they're supposed to give you good service and if they dont, you can just walk away and get the car elsewhere! :thumbsup:

Best of luck - I do hope they come through for you! :thumbsup:

It all depends on what aygo you want, some of them are arriving on time but with any extras they are taking a bit longer. We had one due out in july and it didnt arrive with us till mid august so went out 1st sept.

Woo-hoo!!

Got my Aygo today, 'geet chuffed' as they say!

Apparently there was a shortage of parts for ppl who ordered the protection packs for their cars.

Anyways, cheers for everyone's replies

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone has encountered problems with regards to collecting their Aygos. The reason I'm asking is because I ordered a brand new 55 plate Aygo plus at the beginning of August and was told that it would be ready for 1st September.

It's been about 2 and a half weeks since then and the car still isnt ready - apparently it's been shipped across from abroad and only just had its protection pack fitted but it's still not with the garage.

Toyota customer care haven't been very useful to say the least and the dealership has offered one years free servicing for the inconvenience so far - has anyone else encountered similar problems?

If so, some feedback would be greatly appreciated, and what compensation have people been given?

Thanks

A Years free servicing is a bit of a bonus..............glad you have got it sorted..............put some pictures up asap :thumbsup: