Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Buying An St

spursnut

Hi all, i'm considering buying my 1st celica and would very much appreciate any advice. I've been to test drive a 1997 silver 1.8ST in silver with 65000 miles on it. Its pretty clean all round for its age and looks great but the guy wants £4095 which i thought was a little steep? How much do you think i should be looking to pay and would you recommend it? Many thanks in advance

Hi all, i'm considering buying my 1st celica and would very much appreciate any advice. I've been to test drive a 1997 silver 1.8ST in silver with 65000 miles on it. Its pretty clean all round for its age and looks great but the guy wants £4095 which i thought was a little steep? How much do you think i should be looking to pay and would you recommend it? Many thanks in advance

Hello and welcome to Toc and the Celica forum.

STs are ok :ph34r: but you might become bored with it not much in the speed department, the GT is the way to go Gen 5 or Gen 6 :thumbsup:

I paid £1500, ish for KITT (my Celica) she is a 1991 gen 5 IMPORT automatic

:wub:

And I am sorry to say that when it come to pricing STs I am at a loss :( but do not fret the boys :group-cuddles: will be along soon to help you out.

Hope that helps :wacko:

I don't really know, but perhaps to give you a sense of scale, I bought a 1998 GT with 90k miles and a full toyota service history (and black leather seats) one owner, immaculate, from a dealer with 3 months warrenty for 4k. Only thing with that milage was wear n tear, spent £150 getting the clutch done.

seems v.expensive to me - for what it is. £3K tops for a decent ST imho.

That is a bit steep, but they do tend to be more than a GT cause there is less of them. Took me ages to find one that was in decent nick.

I would say a max of £3500 if it is in top nick, with a warranty, full MOT and 6 months Tax thrown in. If they don't take that then walk away - You WILL find one cheaper :thumbsup:

*also read the investigation into oil loss thread - only seems to affect ST's*

Thanks for the help so far. I'm going to try to bring the price down some because i really like it. Nice alloys, side skirts, front and rear bumper skirts make it look super in my opinion. I've got some pics of it so i'll have to get them on here

i paid £3500 for my black ST in may it had 61k on it when i got it. Came with 6 months warranty 6 months tax 12 months MOT and they serviced for me to. It is in top condidtion and had 2 previous owners.