Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaky Yari :(

monkeyjim

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeyjim

• Kerby

• Blue84

• JustJJ

Top Posters In This Topic

but I think it's either water getting under the black strip and seeping through but coming out where the door top "curves"

It wont be that, becuase you take them off for roof racks.

if you took the black strips off it wouldnt make any difference

Thanks.

Well it seems it's back to the drawing board then.

I suppose it's the front window or the drivers side then.

Anyone got any other theories?

Cheers

Chris?.... sounds like a job for TOC:NW? reckon we could meet up with the guy somewhere nearby and have an inspection?

Warrington is kinda inbetween Crewe and Bolton :P could do it on a weekend or something if he wants? :thumbsup:

Not saying we could sort the problem... but we could certainly try to rule out a few things... and I have a hosepipe you could use :P

*shrugs... just an idea :)

I had this problem with my brand new TS. Toyota sorted it under warranty and they said it was the drainage pipe from the sunroof. They were not plugged in so all the water coming from the sun roof was leaking into the interior.

Have you got a sunroof?

I had this problem with my brand new TS.  Toyota sorted it under warranty and they said it was the drainage pipe from the sunroof.  They were not plugged in so all the water coming from the sun roof was leaking into the interior.

Have you got a sunroof?

The thing is, I've not got a sun roof. It's just a bog standard GS.

Thanks for the offer of meeting up Chris & Jaydan, though as I have only recently passed my test I have never driven on a Motorway. I plan on taking a few Motorway lessons. I'm not the most confident of people by any stretch of the imagination, so I may have to give it a miss at the moment,

Cheers

Jim

but I think it's either water getting under the black strip and seeping through but coming out where the door top "curves"

It wont be that, becuase you take them off for roof racks.

if you took the black strips off it wouldnt make any difference

Ah I didnt know that, cheers Matt!

According to Multimap hon... you dont have to go on a motorway... only over one :)

Directions from Nantwich to Warrington

Its all A-roads all the way there :) :thumbsup:

I understand about being a little unsure straight after your test tho... but the offer still stands hon :)

That's very kind of you, it really is. I can't believe the community spirit in this place, I've never known a forum like it, usually every one's having a pop a one another.

I may take you up on the offer when I've got a few more miles under my belt!

I looked at the plastic today, had a bit of a pull of it - didn't seem like it wanted to budge.

I'll get some water on it at the weekend, providing it's dry.

Perhaps mask the roof off first, and have a go at the front window. Then mask off the door and have a go at the roof, then finally squirt the window.

I just don't know what I am looking for on the seals. Are there any tell tale signs apart from obvious tears?

Cheers

Jim

ah we have a pop at one another on the odd occasions but we all kiss and make up :group-cuddles: and we are all here to help. hope to see you come along on the odd northern meet when u have had ur lessons on the motorway.

and like JJ says just let us know and we will come along and give u a hand. but be careful she will try and take u in and make u a member of TOC:NW :P

I had this problem with my brand new TS.  Toyota sorted it under warranty and they said it was the drainage pipe from the sunroof.  They were not plugged in so all the water coming from the sun roof was leaking into the interior.

Have you got a sunroof?

The thing is, I've not got a sun roof. It's just a bog standard GS.

If you haven't got a sunroof then maybe the drainage pipes are for something else? Either that or toyota lied to me. They always do. I had exactly the same problem not long ago. http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...topic=38259&hl=

I had nowhere near the same replies as you on the topic though. No1 likes me :crybaby:

Let me know when you find out what is causing it.

DOM

Hello you lovely people!

For those who read my previous topic, I think I may have found the problem, but I need some advise from a few other people in the know.

http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...%20%20yari&st=0

For the previous topic.

I was planning to do as advised this weekend, hoping it would be dry.

Those who live in the North West will know that we had rain today, which meant two things

1) No leak testing with a hose this weekend, due to

2) rain today, the leak came back. :( So it's still going to be wet

So when it dried a little at dinner time, I decided to take a very close look at any wet patches on the exterior of the car. I think I may have found the source of the problem.

Here is a pic

leak.jpg

If it's not obvious, it's the top left as you look at the car - where the seal thing comes to the corner. I nothise that the water seemed to be coming up from the plastic bit today, and not down through the door edge or seal.

Here's the original pic of the wet patch.

DSC00109.jpg

So, after my long winded question...

Is this feasible? And is it is, does anyone have a suggestion on how I can sort the problem out?

Would it need a complete new seal around the window screen or would I be able to use some silicone sealer on the offending area?

As ever, many thanks for your replies, I look forward to reading them.

Cheers

If thats where the leek is.. sillicone couls seal it.. but don't know how it would look. Maybe worth putting some on, then if the leek stops, you know you solved the problem... if it looks ok, bob's your uncle.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links