Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Leaky Yari :(

monkeyjim

I dont think its that in the picture causing the trouble. My gold yaris is similar and that doesn;t leak. But my TS did exactly the same.

Come back and tell us what the garage says. I'm keen to know if toyota made up their story with the sun roof.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• monkeyjim

• Kerby

• Blue84

• JustJJ

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think its that in the picture causing the trouble.  My gold yaris is similar and that doesn;t leak.  But my TS did exactly the same.

Come back and tell us what the garage says.  I'm keen to know if toyota made up their story with the sun roof.

he doesnt have a sunroof

Hello,

Here's the latest I wanted to check with you guys before I proceed.

Took the leaky blue yari to the garage on thursday, they have checked the doors with a hose and say it isn't coming from there. Unfortunately didn't have the chance to leave it with them as I had to get back to work.

Dropped it off last night so they could have a closer look.

Picked it up this morning and they say it is coming from the front of the car, under the windscreen.

It coming in, then finding it's way to the drivers side pillar, and working it's way up the fabric.

I have a small chip in the windscreen an they recon that tey won't be able to get the windscreen out without it breaking, then thay have to find the leak and fix it, plus fit the new screen.

Firtsly, does anyone think that this sounds dodgy, or feasable? The garage is a long standing local garage, and my gilfriend has used them for years with no dodgyness.

Secondly, does anyone have an idea of how much the job will cost? I have no idea, going to check my third party warranty to see if this will be covered. I'd like to have a general idea of how much this sort of thing will cost.

Thanks in advance for any help you may able to give......

MJ

no need to start a new thread, so i've rolled em all into one :)

looked in my girlfriends KA this morning to find 3 inches of water in the rear footwell :P

I dont think its that in the picture causing the trouble.  My gold yaris is similar and that doesn;t leak.  But my TS did exactly the same.

Come back and tell us what the garage says.  I'm keen to know if toyota made up their story with the sun roof.

he doesnt have a sunroof

I know he doesn;t, i've asked already. I'd like to know if my local Mr T used my sunroof as an excuse to cover up something.... Like i said, i had axactly the same leaking in my new TS. I'm now very curious!

no need to start a new thread, so i've rolled em all into one :)

looked in my girlfriends KA this morning to find 3 inches of water in the rear footwell :P

Cheers earpl, the only reason I started a new thread is that I thought I was more likely to get replies. This being my first car is very important to me, as I am sure you can understand.

As I have very few people in my life who know about cars, the advice I get on here is just as important to me. Anyway, I suppose I'll just be patiant and wait a little longer!

Cheers

I had this problem with my brand new TS.  Toyota sorted it under warranty and they said it was the drainage pipe from the sunroof.  They were not plugged in so all the water coming from the sun roof was leaking into the interior.

Have you got a sunroof?

The thing is, I've not got a sun roof. It's just a bog standard GS.

If you haven't got a sunroof then maybe the drainage pipes are for something else? Either that or toyota lied to me. They always do. I had exactly the same problem not long ago. http://toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.p...topic=38259&hl=

I had nowhere near the same replies as you on the topic though. No1 likes me :crybaby:

Let me know when you find out what is causing it.

DOM

Dom,

did you manage to clear up the staining?

Not sure if I understood that right..do you only have a Third Party Fire & Theft cover on your Insurance Policy or is it Fully Comprehensive?

Try giving the RAC Auto Windscreens a ring and ask them if they can give you a price for a new windscreen, as they are a large company they may well be cheaper than smaller, individual companies.

Not sure if I understood that right..do you only have a Third Party Fire & Theft cover on your Insurance Policy or is it Fully Comprehensive?

Try giving the RAC Auto Windscreens a ring and ask them if they can give you a price for a new windscreen, as they are a large company they may well be cheaper than smaller, individual companies.

No, when I bought my car from Spectrum Motors in Crewe, I got a twelve month warranty thrown in. From a company called customer protect. Being a bit green I thought it was great, esspecially as I had forced them to throw it in.

On cloder inspection of the docments, I noticed it is a Mechanical Breakdown Warranty, which covers me for the gearbox, torque, cvt, differential, clutch, front wheel drive, wheel bearings, propshaft, rear wheel drive, fuel system, fuel injection system, cooling system, steering, suspension, brakes, electrical system, ECU and the casings. Covered upto £500

So anyway, I'm not covered.

The garage say the leak is coming somewhere behind the windscreen, to get to the leak source they will have to remove the windscreen. It has a small chip in it, and say they will decrease the chances of getting the screen out without it breaking.

I trust them, as when I took it in earlier in the week they tried the door seals with a hose, no leaks. They must have give it a good soaking when they found out it was the windscreen area, as my seat was wet, which has never happened before.

Anyway, taking it in wednesday, so we'll see. Just wondered who know the yris better than me can explain what this is.

Cheers dudes & dudettes

Offer is still open to have a look at it hon... but if you are taking it in.. hopefully they will find out :thumbsup:

Good Luck hon

Offer is still open to have a look at it hon... but if you are taking it in.. hopefully they will find out :thumbsup:

Good Luck hon

yup anytime mate. just let us know

Dom,

did you manage to clear up the staining?

I was luckily enough not to get any stains on the material. I had that in mind when it was leaking but it was fixed before anthing happened.

For those who are interested here is the latest on the leaky Yari situation.

Took it into the garage this Thursday.

The garage called the auto glass people, who didn't have a yaris windscreen in stock.

Anyway, the auto-glass people were making a delivery and took a look at the leak.

Apparently it was coming through the inner seal of the car. According to them, the Yari's inner seal of the windscreen is particularly thin, and can be vulnerable.

They have pulled back the upholstery and sealed the inner edge of the windscreen at the the top.

The garage put it under the hose once dry and they say the leak has gone. To be honest I won't be truly relaxed until it has rained a bit and I have seen that it is fixed for myself. But they seemed pretty chuffed.

Anyway, the garage haven't charged me a penny for the time they spent investigating it, I'm just waiting for the auto glass invoice.

Lets hope it holds up to the rain this weekend. Just to put an end to this topic, I will post back the results of the rain! I'm desperate to wash it, as I haven't dare risk it until the problem was sorted out.

Thanks for every ones kind help on this, it's nice to know you have people to help, particularly when it's your first car.

:thumbsup:

No probs mate, thats what we are here for, to help! :D

Let us know how it gets on when it rains! :thumbsup:

No probs mate, thats what we are here for, to help! :D

Let us know how it gets on when it rains! :thumbsup:

Well, how pleased ami?!

I am able to close this little episode of my Yari's life with good news.

Drove to Cheshire Oaks today (retail village in the northwest for those who don't know!)

It absolutely p**sed it down all of the way. (A bit frightening as it's my longest drive to date).

No leak! No water! No wet mark on the inside of my car!

Hooray!!!!! So that's what it was. The inner seal on the windscreen.

I hope this will be of some use to anyone who has the same problem in the future.

For my last post I will let you all know how much it cost. Then it will officially be, Case Closed.

(Until next time!)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links