Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T Sport Just Bought A Bargain

bucketheadbob

I have just bought a bargain T Sport 30,000 miles £6000!!!! Full toyota service history private sale.EBAY!!!I have previously owned 2 X white GTi 16 valves and this is the business. So understated in looks but they shift!! Just a shame you can't use the full performance . Who needs a compressor. (not me). I'm so happy with it just want to drive it all the time. I was wondering about lowering the suspension but just for the looks what's the consensus.???

Just had to write this because I love it :thumbsup: :D :D :D :D

I have just bought a bargain T Sport 30,000 miles £6000!!!! Full toyota service history private sale.EBAY!!!I have previously owned 2 X white GTi 16 valves and this is the business. So understated in looks but they shift!! Just a shame you can't use the full performance . Who needs a compressor. (not me). I'm so happy with it just want to              drive it all the time. I was wondering about lowering the suspension but just for the looks what's the consensus.???

Yes, very nice car and a very reasonable price these days :thumbsup: But the depreciation sucks if you bought a new one!

I've had the TTE lowering kit fitted, check this thread for pictures and info. Yes, the car does look better and the handling is slightly improved, but see Mircea's suggestion above for a more effective method.

They were fitted by the dealer so I kept my warranty and the insurance company (Direct Line) kept the premiums the same.

Cheers

Paul.

Welcome to the site buddy!

Dont wanna ***** on your bonfire but i would of kept the AE92! (GTI) 10 times better than the T Sport IMO, i dont like the T sport one bit im affraid, no matter how many times i drive them and try to persude myself i like it, loads of stuff dissapoint me! Considering they got 189bhp ALMOST 200bhp they perfrom more like they got 150 if your lucky!

My mate has a Integra Type R (DC2) which is a 1.8 and pulls about 170bhp! And it is soooo much quicker, better throttle responce, alot better V tec range than the VVTL-i range! I could go on for ages, but if you like it then fair play to you kid! each to their own!

Welcome m8

Glad you like the TSport. The lift is sooooooo good. I enjoy driving mine when I get the chance but wife gets annoyed cos its usually lift lift lift.

I timed 0-60 on mine at 7.2 secs not scientifically but good enough to prove to me that its way quicker than the 8.4 quoted. I have driven a Type R and owner has driven mine both came to same coonlclusion in a staright line not much in it TypeR is quicker but not noticelable. round the twisty bits Type R would eat the tsport.

Hope you have lots of fun

Thanks for all of the advice about the suspension. I'll think about it . In reply to the suggestion that I kept the GTi 16 valve, I agree that it was a good car but at the time I bought a Ford Sapphire Cosworth and there was no comparison!!!. I think the T Sport is a great car and don't think it can be compared with the GTi . The Cosworth is more of a match!!!.

Bucketheadbob :D :D :D :thumbsup:

Dont wanna ***** on your bonfire but i would of kept the AE92! (GTI) 10 times better than the T Sport IMO, i dont like the T sport one bit im affraid, no matter how many times i drive them and try to persude myself i like it, loads of stuff dissapoint me! Considering they got 189bhp ALMOST 200bhp they perfrom more like they got 150 if your lucky!

My mate has a Integra Type R (DC2) which is a 1.8 and pulls about 170bhp! And it is soooo much quicker, better throttle responce, alot better V tec range than the VVTL-i range! I could go on for ages, but if you like it then fair play to you kid! each to their own!

I wouldnt say thats very fair, what is your experience of the car?, sure the t-sport is not a great car out of the box, but for instance, my own t-sport i have sorted the suspension which is the biggest problem, and only put an air filter and different backbox on the car, but I managed a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds (albeit on a g-tech pro), and have kept equally modded civic type-r's behind me.

Sort the suspension and its a really great car, hope you enjoy it bucketheadbob :D

I wouldnt say thats very fair, what is your experience of the car?, sure the t-sport is not a great car out of the box, but for instance, my own t-sport i have sorted the suspension which is the biggest problem, and only put an air filter and different backbox on the car, but I managed a 0-60 time of 6.4 seconds (albeit on a g-tech pro), and have kept equally modded civic type-r's behind me.

Sort the suspension and its a really great car, hope you enjoy it bucketheadbob :D

My experience is that i work for Toyota and have driven loads of the things, ive driven ones with different suspension, exhausts, induction kits and to me i still think they feel slow considering they almost have 200bhp!

If i had 190bhp out of my 20v AE86 it would make the T sport look like the slowest car ever! My 150bhp makes it look slow!

Id have a Integra or civic type R over a t sport any day! Which is a shame cuz im a Toyota man myself!

Zuban,

Your statement is fair!Mine cloked 6.65 from 0-to 60 after changing

the suspension with Tein SS kit .In addition to that I have changed

the flywheel and clutch.(TRD ones)!

No comparison with the stock!!!!!!!!

For more detailes please feel free to PM.!!!!!!!!

Mircea

My experience is that i work for Toyota and have driven loads of the things, ive driven ones with different suspension, exhausts, induction kits and to me i still think they feel slow considering they almost have 200bhp!

If i had 190bhp out of my 20v AE86 it would make the T sport look like the slowest car ever! My 150bhp makes it look slow!

Id have a Integra or civic type R over a t sport any day! Which is a shame cuz im a Toyota man myself!

maybe you should drive mine! I must have got a good one cause it has compared very favourable to integra type-r's on track, the only problem being on the tight corners the lack of diff becomes obvious as it wheel spins, on the straights when behind them i kept having to lift of the throttle to stop going into the back of them.

I'd have an AE86 over my t-sport any day!! but the cts has loads of potential, and is highly underated to people that are into modding there cars, as a few simple changes will have this car really flying.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links