Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Only I Coulda Done This...

ZeroBlade

So I was topping her up with oil yesterday, and when it came to puttin the cap back on I couldnt find it, was getting on a bit so left it until today to search, couldnt find it though...

Rang a bloke named shaid (some of you may know him from iMOC) and he should be able to sort me out with one, but may be a couple of days finding it as he's dead busy. Prob is I NEED to go upto Newcastle tomorrow evening, and I have an MOT test WED morn, so I'm gonna be needing it...

Can I make the journey and pass the test without the oil cap on? Or can i cover it with something in the meantime?

Cheers peeps :thumbsup:

-Z

did you leave it on top of the engine?

i did that once whe i filled mine up, knocked it off without knowing and it fell down and came to rest on top of the undersheid

spent ages looking for it! :lol:

"Can I make the journey and pass the test without the oil cap on? Or can i cover it with something in the meantime?"

don't know if it has a closed circuit breathing system on it, if it does, you do. :thumbsup:

So I was topping her up with oil yesterday, and when it came to puttin the cap back on I couldnt find it, was getting on a bit so left it until today to search, couldnt find it though...

Rang a bloke named shaid (some of you may know him from iMOC) and he should be able to sort me out with one, but may be a couple of days finding it as he's dead busy. Prob is I NEED to go upto Newcastle tomorrow evening, and I have an MOT test WED morn, so I'm gonna be needing it...

Can I make the journey and pass the test without the oil cap on? Or can i cover it with something in the meantime?

Cheers peeep :thumbsup:

-Z

You could but I wouldn't be surprised if oil sprays it self all over the engine bay. It would be better if you could find some way to block the hole up until you get the new cap.

Rob: I did mate. I always do. I had a ganders but couldnt see it anywhere!

Les: I dunno mate... is mine closed circuit... anyone...? :unsure:

Mark: Wacked a plaggy bag over it to keep water from gettin. Not driving with that on of course...

Bobby: I may havta drive without it. Anything u recommend to cover the bugger?

Thanks again boys.

-Z

hmm i remeber one thing...

me and my mate where messing around with his rev1 and pulled the oil cap off while it was running.. nothing came spewing out but it did cough splutter and eventually stall...

tried the same on mine and it carried on regardless... ?

hrm...

not good then!

Better get summin on there pronto.

Are these bits universal? May havta go down to Mr. T and get one. Just don't wanna wait around.

On eBay the same cap is listed for the suups, celica's, mr2's. It the MK3's the same also?

-Z

man you crack me up!.. :lol:

Right.. get yourself down to Halfrauds or a motorfactor and get a universal cap as a tempary measure..

We had one on the A4 when the local garage lost ours.. the fool..

Will be fine and tide you over till you get your propper one.. :thumbsup:

Jobs a good one.. :yes:

Need any help.. give me a ring.. :P

Sweet. Didnt know they did one. I'll pop in and grab one 2moz.

Right i'll need directions to Halfords, and then you'll havta talk me thru where it is, and how to buy it. Ya know i'll most likely forget what im there for, pending on me finding my way there, lol :D

-Z

man you need a slap.. :lol:

BTW.. Totally off topic.. my aunt will be upset.. she liked your hair.. :P

I have one that should fit Zero but its a bit far! :P

I've replaced mine with a TRD oil cap, a faker of course but it does the job! :thumbsup:

I have one that should fit Zero but its a bit far! :P

I've replaced mine with a TRD oil cap, a faker of course but it does the job! :thumbsup:

I know fella, the offers much appreciated tho!

Shaid knows he has one lyin around somewhere so just gonna wait for him to find it as he's local to me!

I was tempted to get one of them off fleaBay also, but in the end couldnt be bothered. Come the tubby i'm gonna get a proper billet one. A bit of blingines to the negine bay never hurt ;)

Fizz: It'l grow bak, not to worry bro. I'm already missin it, but it saves a good time that i spent on the hair. waitin for it to dry, and the 10 mins i spent doing it :D haha

-Z

i mistakenly forgot to put mine back on once, drove off and wondered why the car was running rough. filled up with petrol and then realised my mistake. went back to work and luckily found it on the floor :)

You can have mine if you want mate. I've got a TRD one now. I'm in Leeds all day :thumbsup:

I'll PM you my number if you want it.

Joe

Was gonna go and meet Joe in town to get his old one off him. Top man for that btw, cheers buddy. When we meet remind me to buy ya a pint!

Thing is my cap decided to fall outa the bottom of the car when I was moving her.

Got bored so decided to give the girl a nice t-cut, and polish :D

Cheers again Joe :thumbsup:

-Z

Was gonna go and meet Joe in town to get his old one off him. Top man for that btw, cheers buddy. When we meet remind me to buy ya a pint!

Thing is My cap decided t ofall outa the bottom of the car when I was moving her.

Got bored so decided to give the girl a nice t-cut, and polish :D

Cheers again Joe :thumbsup:

-Z

No problem mate, glad you found it. :thumbsup:

Joe

Your not the only one i knocked my radiator cap in to the engine this morning. Luckly it fell straight through, so i looked at my shirt and trousers and dived under the car, ***** i did get dirty and ended uplate for work but never mind!!!

I drove a Mk2 Cav for 120 miles with the oil cap off, the end result was.....well the end of that Mk2 Cav, which is never such a bad thing anyway