Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Squeaking Rear Tyres On Lc Colorado ...

Sword

... when turning around mini-roundabouts etc we get some tyre screatching from the rear...

Would this be because they need replacing (though there's still plenty of tread left) or is this just a thing of 4x4's - or could it be something else entirely?

Thanks,

Sword

I dont see any reason to worry unless you think youve bent something offroad.

You can check the air pressure but it more likely the added sway from a 4x4 throwing weight over to the rear tyres on tight roundabouts and causing the edgs of the tyre to squeal.

The front tyres dont do it because they have already lost more of the edge of the tyre.

A tyre shop can use lasers to see if the axles/wheels are aligned correctly front and rear..

The only other remote possibility is your vehicle is bent from an accident and has been badly repaired but I hope not :eek: :group-cuddles:

thanks mate - popped into local toyota as I was passing and bloke told me I needed a couple new 265/70/16 to go on the back...

Thing is, tread looks well deep still to me - way in excess of the UK limits anyways...

ah well.

Sword