Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Avensis

SMW

My best advice is gather as much info from places like Virgin Cars and JamJar.. the dealer may match their best price...

Apart from that, remember the Avensis is a new car, your not going to get stunning discounts of the list price...

If it's any help I bought a T3-X 1.8 in Silver Spur about a month ago. Bought from a dealer (Farnham in Surrey) and got him down to £14,000. I searched online and took printouts of the online deals I could get and he matched the price and threw in metallic paint at no charge.

I chose the T3X to the T3S as I do approx 20k miles a year (60 miles a day round trip home to work) and prefer the comfort to the satnav as I drive generally the same route (M3, M25).

As regards satisfaction the drive & ride are absolutely superb - really smooth and quiet - and the stereo is awesome.

Sounds like a good deal - did you realise that if you had gone for the same variant but 2.0 engine you would have also gained EBD and traction control ?

Anyway did you use the finance from dealer - if so what rate did you get ?

Also how long did you have to wait for the car - and finally how do you open the boot ?

Sorry for the questions - there aren't many New Avensis owners on here yet !

PS

Fidgits - may be interested to know that Lex Hatfield have contacted me with a black IS sport / Exmoor 2000 plate. Going to see.

Fidgits - may be interested to know that Lex Hatfield have contacted me with a black IS sport / Exmoor 2000 plate. Going to see.

:D :D :D

Just remember... the Lex will be putting a grin on your face.. long after the Avensis has lost it's new car shine ;)

There both very similar cars in different ways <_< so will both be keeping that smile on your face....

There both very similar cars in different ways <_< so will both be keeping that smile on your face....

Personally, I disagree....

I get bored very easy, the longest I've ever had a car was 18 months... and I was dying to get rid of it by then...

I've had the Lex over a year now, and everytime I slid behind the wheel, I still get the same excitment I had the day I picked it up..

IMHO the Lex offers something I've never found in another car, not that I have tried the Avensis....

As far as I'm concerened SMW, you should buy whichever makes the most sense for you, and I hope it brings you many years of happy motoring...

Yeah I think both cars have their virtues - as I mentioned in an earlier post it's a sort of head v heart decision.

I've never spent this sort of money on a car before (it's a lot for me !) so I want to get it right.

Fidgits - will the sport be more expensive to insure than an SE ? My undersatnding is that it has a firmer set up, tinted glass, nicer pedals and plates and a spolier. None of this should affect premium (should it?). Or is there something else about the sport I'm not picking up on.

I'm 35 with max no claims, off street parking (no garage), live and work in Herts.

Just got off Lexus site - approved used.

All Black IS SE manuals with Exmoor from main Lexus dealer with history / Lexus warranty etc. - what do you think -

2000 W plate 37,000 miles £14995

1999 V plate 32,000 miles £14495

2000 W plate 50,268 miles £13988

How much can you expect the dealers to come down on these prices ?

Yes I realised about the 2.0 with EBD & traction - but it's £1000 more OTR than the 1.8. I also bought a Yaris for my wife at the same time (both our cars needed replacing) so it was a balance between the two cars on spec/price.

I was a cash buy - didn't need finance. I had thought about using the finance if they offered a good deal which meant that interest paid balanced interest earned but the finance deal on the table at the time I bought was 7% APR so I would have lost out.

I originally specified Silver Fern and was quoted 6 weeks delivery - so changed to Silver Steel (I had liked both colours anyway) and was quoted 2 weeks. In actual fact it was 13 days from order placement (10th May) to pick up (23rd May).

There is no boot lever inside the car, the lock handle is concealed in the top lip of the number plate enclosure. It opens with very little pressure on the lock. The boot locks and unlocks with the remote central locking, but there is an extra button on the keyfob to allow you to unlock the boot only and not all the doors.

Fidgits - will the sport be more expensive to insure than an SE ? My undersatnding is that it has a firmer set up, tinted glass, nicer pedals and plates and a spolier. None of this should affect premium (should it?). Or is there something else about the sport I'm not picking up on.

I'm 35 with max no claims, off street parking (no garage), live and work in Herts.

Hi again,

Okay, the SE is group 12, whereas the Sport is group 13 insurance.

On ->2001 models, all the sport had over the se was.. rear lip spoiler, chrome scuff plates, tinted rear windows, sport logo's, alloy pedals, chrome exhaust trim and a LSD.

On the post 2001 models, the sport had 15mm lower springs.

With your 'status' it shouldn't make much difference in price, and just FYI, if you did decide to buy the IS I'd reccomend Joining LOC gold as we have an approved insurance scheme (saved me 400 quid).. just thought I'd mention it.

With the cars you posted:

2000 W plate 37,000 miles £14995 : This is the best, you'll probably get 1-2000 off, just make sure the 40k service HAS BEEN DONE, cos thats an expensive one.

Also, you'll probably get mats/tank of fuel kind of stuff..

Any questions, just ask :thumbsup:

OK - thanks for your help guys - I'm off looking again today.

Wouldn't bother with the new Avensis yet mate. Spoke to my dealer today it is the single most returned car at the moment for faults. check out www.autoexpress.co.uk they have done a long term test, their results are like the problems we are having still with the new corolla. There are also gear box issues with this car, read my current post corolla gearbox issues, a chap has written he has a mate at Burnaston who says the car is having problems with quality. Take my advice I have had 4 new corolla's give it a miss for 18 months to let problems raise to the surface, this is how long it has been going on with the New Corolla. Buy the IS.