Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip Tuning For D4d Owners!

chrisb

Yeas, but what's the difference betweent he different chips?

Why are some £500 and some under £400 - surely you get what you pay for?

I'm so confused about all this :unsure:

I mean, what does this mean?

All Power Box modules contain a digital microprocessor. This 'chip' intercepts the fuelling signals being sent from the ECU to the fuel pump and digitises the signal (i.e. converts it to a number). It then uses this converted value to 'look up' the new output signal value from the pre-programmed fuel map inside the Power Box, which is based on the half and full throttle fuel map from the original ECU. The optimised output value is then converted back to an analogue signal, which is then fed in real-time to the pump. All analogue boxes on the other hand contain primative electronics which manipulate the control signals by multiplying the analogue signal by a certain analogue value. The digital method can thus be tailored exactly to meet the engines requirements at all rpms throughout the rev range. The analogue unit's are hit & miss throughout the whole rev range and cause uneven and poor delivery of power and torque. Please use this link for an analogue/digital fuel map graph

Bummocks!

A

Ive nooo idea!Does it mean it just fools the ecu into thinking its running lean all the time just like the cheapy egay items

I dont have a diesel though, so ill leave you to ponder!

It would be pretty impressive if the outputs they quite were some where near realistic!

160 nM of torque!what is that compared to the TS?

What is the 0-60 times for the diesel?

CB :thumbsup:

I've asked for a copy of the torque curves.

Us diesels have more torque as standard than a standard T-Sport. 0-62 is 10.something - I can't remember right now

;)

A

Have you requested them from the company in the link above?

10.sumthing?

Thats quite suprising considering the reputation diesels have for being soooo slow!Surely with a decent chip you would be looking at the same sort of performance as a TS!

I remember seeing somewhere about a chipped diesel mini having the same power as the cooper S

Also that Nos'd VW Golf diesel that was posted on her a while ago!

Yeah...

Slow? Diesels? You're reading the hymn sheet from about 5 or 6 years ago mate! Technology has moved on...

You do know that the diesel Mini has the same Toyota motor as the Yaris, don't you?

A

No i didnt know that!

To be honest i dont ever read up much on diesels or know much about them, the technology etc!

I was interested at the seat leon TD a while ago!That looks pretty impressive!

• 1 month later...
No i didnt know that!

To be honest i dont ever read up much on diesels or know much about them, the technology etc!

I was interested at the seat leon TD a while ago!That looks pretty impressive!

there are diesel seats out there with over 200bhp one with somewhere around 244 i think and shed loads of torque. quite surprised that the toyota d4d doesnt offer simiar power gains. must work on a smaller turbo.

Ours Yaris ones are only 1.4 litres after all...

The larger capacity ones still, I believe, have the "space" for bigger gains - the 2.0 is that one that should probably be best compared to the Volkswagen Group 1.9 litre motors :thumbsup:

A

Ours Yaris ones are only 1.4 litres after all...

The larger capacity ones still, I believe, have the "space" for bigger gains - the 2.0 is that one that should probably be best compared to the Volkswagen Group 1.9 litre motors :thumbsup:

A

I imagine the VW variants have larger turbos as well probably bigger fuel pumps too.