Do Not Sell My Personal Information

T Sport Or Civic Type R

phil 83

Which is better, just the cars not how much they cost or what they look like, i mean performance, handling, etc...  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better, just the cars not how much they cost or what they look like, i mean performance, handling, etc...

• Toyota Corolla T sport?
    • Honda Civic Type R?

Yeah man, talk about stupid! Hang on i'll go and ask on the Honda site if they prefer a Civic or a Corolla?!?! Use your noodle!

Saying that though! I hate the T sport, so Type R for me! :P

Yeah man, talk about stupid! Hang on i'll go and ask on the Honda site if they prefer a Civic or a Corolla?!?! Use your noodle!

Saying that though! I hate the T sport, so Type R for me!  :P

you've squeezed in a good amount of bashing today havn't you! :P

Personally i like the t-sport...i figure it will be my next car...that or an A3 1.8T :drool:

Why do you hate the T Sport?

In my opinion the Type R is a better drivers car, but an all round car... The T Sport Wins By A Mile. Better equipped, better value, greater comfort and balanced with performance.

You need to drive both.

If you want more drive ability and less comfort go for the Type R. The Tsport offers good performance (a freind has Type R and there isnt much in it, we have both driven each others and said same) but also offers comfort ie climate control traction control, comfier ride for the long stints. Although handling is not as good as Type R.

I prefer the TSport as I have a five door, being more family freindly this supports my needs more than a 3 door. Also the insurance group is lower on Tsport and if you shop around you can get it cheap, just paid £293 from Asda :)

But as I said you need to drive em both and make your mind up.

sorry guys, i hav to say Type R is betta. ive driven both cars and i find Type R feels and handles betta, and i love the gear changing and where the gear knob is placed. performance wise, def type R. sorry guys

but it doesnt mean i hate the T sport. i like it :thumbsup:

sorry guys, i hav to say Type R is betta. ive driven both cars and i find Type R feels and handles betta, and i love the gear changing and where the gear knob is placed. performance wise, def type R. sorry guys

but it doesnt mean i hate the T sport. i like it :thumbsup:

The TYpe R is faster round the twisty bits and in a straight line but the straight line perfomance is not that far infront of the Tsport. I have recorded mine at 7.2 secs 0.4 slower than Booked TYpe R would this be noticeable

another thing the t sport doesnt hav and the type r has, and that is VTEC, sounds soo nice wen it kicks to 6000rpm, u hav to drive 1 to experience it. VTEC is basically kinda like a boost, just suddenly kicks in

another thing the t sport doesnt hav and the type r has, and that is VTEC, sounds soo nice wen it kicks to 6000rpm, u hav to drive 1 to experience it. VTEC is basically kinda like a boost, just suddenly kicks in

You obviously haven't driven a T Sport then... The "kick" on the TS is more than that of the VTEC engine. They're both variable valves, so what do you mean TS dont have it?

Erm you should drive a Tsport, at 6200 RPM the lift comes into play and you know about it. revs nicely round to 8500ish and sounds very nice.

The CTS and CTR are different, it depends what you want, the type-r is a more focused drivers car, with emphasis on handling etc, the T-sport is not, it has awful handling as standard, and the power band is restricted.

If you plan to modify the car, then there is nothing in it, as once you have changed suspension, intake and exhaust, these cars are very similar.

Well, obviously I'm going to be biased, but I'll tell you guys why I bought a T Sport instead of a TypeR, although next year I wouldn't mind getting a Honda TypeR, be it a Civic or Integra DC5...

The T Sport is:

Cheaper to insure

Cheaper to buy

Cheaper to run

Has all the goodies you want

With a couple of mods, just as good performance for your £££s

Rarer than a TypeR by a country mile

I'm a Toyota fan

Also, bein' Irish, when I send it home and sell it in Ireland next year, I won't have to pay the duty, it'll be more sellable than a TypeR for insurance reasons and in the popularity stakes, and I'll actually make money on it :D

i got a CTS, my bro's got a type R - we,ve driven both and we agree:

the type R wins in the department of looks, 0-60, and handling. the CTS wins in every other department and when it loses, it aint that far behind - unlike the type R which has all the issues raised above - from costs to comfort - or lack of it.

So all round - i tink the CTS takes it. but i wish i could take all the gizmo's out of my CTS and stick em in a type R :crybaby: - that car looks good it has to be said!

my 2... 0r 3 cents :thumbsup:

if you shop around you can get it cheap, just paid £293 from Asda :)

Wow £293 for a t-sport!!!! :eek: I knew ASDA were cheap but that's going some.

Which isle was that in.....

if you shop around you can get it cheap, just paid £293 from Asda :)

Wow £293 for a t-sport!!!! :eek: I knew ASDA were cheap but that's going some.

Which isle was that in.....

:D :D :D :D

Amazingly hte guy said £309 at first but before I had chance to say yep that will do nicely he said just hold thte line I might be able to get this down a bit more.

Read on you silly boy :censor: we drive real cars not that thing you have a pic of"was that taken in a scrap yard?" ??

omg, odviously u dnt really know ur cars. :censor:

that car hes got is a AE86, probably the best corolla created. its known for its drifting. :thumbsup:

Read on you silly boy :censor: we drive real cars not that thing you have a pic of"was that taken in a scrap yard?" ??

Hahaha, i like it! Have i hit a nerve mate! Dont worry i imagine you think my car is just like a capri with a Toyota Badge! Little do you know! Just try and race me, in a straight line or sideways!(oh i forgot you cant go sideways as yours is FWD) :P

Here is just a little taster for ya of that car i got from the scrap yard! :D

P9024905.jpg

P9024897.jpg

P9024916.jpg

P9024971.jpg

gallery_10505_43_1125321313.jpg

And yes, that is a full rollcage/bucket seats/4 point harnesses/20valve VVTI throttle bodied engine you can see! And just think mate if thats the bits you can see imagine what else i have lurking under that kevlar bonnet! Oh and did i mention the kevlar bootlid! Polycarbonate windows, 2 way Kaaz diff, Willwood 4 pot alloy calipers blah blah blah blah need i go on ;)

Cheers buddy!

What would you like to know!? Fire away!

The best vital stat is the induction noise of the Throttle bodies and then the 2 foot flames it spit out the exhaust (and that isnt with a max power style flamer kit! haha)

Look , by having a drive with these two wonderful cars , its up to you to decide

which car fullfills your needs best !

A serious notice i have for you is that these 2 cars dont have the same price !!!

That means for TSport is about 23-25000 euros and Type R is 27-30000 euros,(depending of your payment).

So if you add a value of ~5000 euros on your Tsport you can positive have

* a pair of good wheels ~1500

* Intake Air Filter ~ 200

* Exhaust system ~ 1000

* modification for handling...(sespunsion, how this is written?) ~ 1000

This makes your Tsport better in Handling and Performance which was not

too bad at all before ...

Now if you wanna compare this 2 equal value cars i suggest that there is

a big matter in your personal interest and only that . I thing i dont see any big difference at all and both of these cars are very good and very reliable.

Personal notices: I own Tsport

1) The price of ensurance and tax

2) The price of fuel is rising ! 60 E for fullfillment on Tsport

3) Tsport is a very good value - performance car !

4) Type R is a ("little bit more"="5000euros") very good performance car !

Final personal notice :

What you compare ? money ? or 2 cars with different value ?

Peace and insist on search for knowledge !

See ya around...

and....

-new clutch -150euros-TRD Japan

-new light wheight flywheel-700 euros-TRD Japan

-LSD-1.000 euro-TRD JAPAN

-final gear set-C-ONE-1.350 Euro

-new DENSO Iridium spurk plugs-100 EURO

-front/rear sway bars -TRD USA -650 Euro as well

http://trdparts.jp/english/parts_index.html

http://c-one.co.jp/PROSHOP/special.html

Mircea

-

Which is better, just the cars not how much they cost or what they look like, i mean performance, handling, etc...

I feel if people had actually read the topic title properly they would all have said type R no debate!