Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Alternator/gearbox Problem

fourwheelfun

hi im new to this club i need help in sorting out my surf i have a92 j surf 2.4 ssrg auto the problem started with alternator charging ok but dschargingover night i rplaced the alternator with a rcon unit and since then it does not charge at all it is now not going in first gear is sluggish on take off thenpicks up is this somthing todo with alternator or not please help thanks.

Hi I would check both ends of both Battery leads and makes sure they are spotless.

Its important for the charging system to have minimal resistance.

Next I would get the charging system tested for output.

Sounds to me like your battey is dead. Its not uncommon after an electrical problem for the Battery to die.

I cant see any connection between the electrical problem and your 1st gear sluggishness

It sounds more like a clutch problem

• 2 weeks later...
Hi I would check both ends of both battery leads and makes sure they are spotless.

Its important for the charging system to have minimal resistance.

Next I would get the charging system  tested  for output.

Sounds to me like your battey is dead. Its not uncommon after an electrical problem for the battery to die.

I cant see any connection between the electrical problem and your 1st gear sluggishness

It sounds more like a clutch problem

hi again my problem now solved it was an electical wiring fault whichcaused it to not charge auto electrician sorted it out and i was right the gearbox is perfect now it is all connected on these vehicles .