Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Where Have They All Gone?

G6AArgh

Ive noticed over the last few weeks that is been quiet over here in the corolla forums with few posts from this gang. so whats up what has everyone been doing? are we all beavering away doing outragous things to our cars to shock and awe people with in the future :ph34r: (unlikley unless your names john/Kev after all it is a corolla forum) or are we all skint and just struggling to pay our bills?

I will start with what ive been doing,

It will be brief because ive been doing very little exept driving my car (45K on the clock now :D ) and fitting some new front Speakers behind the original grills and connecting the fronts and rears to a 4ch amp (no subs for me i need my boot and dont like drawing attention) Ive also been adding to my little portfolio for my car, i managed to get hold of an original G6R sales brochure in mint condition (ebay) and even more interesting i got hold of a copy of AUTOCAR from feb 1999 featuring the new Mr2 and a roadtest/review between the Clio 16v 106gti and the G6R!

Heres some interesting and very true quotes about the G6R from auto car Feb 1999

"the G6R seems to be a somewhat polite carricature of the WRC version. It works well, standard corollas arnt especially attractive but bolt on some skirts, a front spoiler with foglights and a rear wing with TTE stamped on it and this family runabout takes on a more menacing air"

(drop it 40mm and add some 17s and then it looks a lot more "menacing" :lol: )

"The steering is particularly impressive in the way it loads up progressivly in the corners, without suffering from any notable kickback over mid corner bumps. crucialy the corolla is as easy to point cleanly through an apex as its rivals despite its extra girth and weight"

"The brakes- a sizeable all disc set-up, ventilated at the front are also the best here by some margin, featuring fine ultimate stopping ability and great feel. Sixty to zero in 2.6sec in the dry is a great result for any car, and just one of the reasons why the G6R feels as if it could handle more power"

(agreed)

""The corolla is a car you want to like, flick through the spec sheet and it looks as if toyota have produced a true hot hatch and saddled it with the wrong engine. It feels that way on the road too, if ever a car was crying out for more power, this is it" (couldnt of said it better myself)

SO PEOPLE WHAT HAVE/ARE YOU DOING ON YOUR CARS NO MATTER HOW MENIAL TELL US/ME COS I/WE CARE!! :thumbsup:

not been up to much really, now winters on its way the nights are drawing in and the chill factors gone up which makes it a !Removed! working on the car, so i tend to go quiet over the winter period :)

Still undecided what to do with my AE111, as other projects are starting to get offered to me ;)

It's pretty quiet on the AE101 front anyway, compared to mr2's and Yarii...

But I've put on a set of TTE springs, and just need to get tracking redone. Quite a hoot, I'll admit... :D :D

Well my modding days are not what they use to be you know ;) lol!

Just moved out into a new home with my g/f, which I have to say I'm loving right now, but all available cash goes down that front now for paying bills and modifying the house, lol just got given a 28" widescreen TV, just imagine what that would buy for a car :crybaby:

Just recently I managed to get my suspension upgraded again and got the full koni setup done which I'm having a few teething problems with.

Modifications such as the turbo, may happen next year, but with the milleage increasing now upto 75k I may sell and get another toyota to play with or my dream of a R32 Skyline (g/f shouts from behind..... no chance!!!!)

Kev :thumbsup:

Well I recently got promoted in work so I've been around the country for the last 4 weeks, with another 3 weeks of travelling to go (not in the Corolla).

Just before this I added a custom stainless steel exhaust and de-badged her. Also had a few scrathces seen to and touched up a few chips myself (badly in some cases).

Mods so far: -

Lowered 30mm on Eibach srings

Custom stainles steel, cat back exhaust with 2" pipework and 2.5" rolled put tail pipe (nice noise and slightly more power)

De-badged - only the toyota emblems remaining on front and back.

Mesh grille from a G6r

Clear side indicators.

I would like to do something on the engine management and induction side of things, fit uprated pads and to make the interior a little nicer. We will see what happens with work/time.

Well iv just recently come back off holiday in spain so all my money has been flittered away on booze :rolleyes:

Just put the rolla through the MOT and booking it in for servicing with my uncle in the next few weeks, and im also having the front and rear bumpers re-sprayed as stone chips are really starting to show on the front and i also had a bit of a run in with a brick when parking up at home :( but other than all that i havent modded the rolla from GiJoe's spec just maintained her really :thumbsup:

Oh and i know im gona get linched when i say this but when i have done all of the above to the rolla, im gona be selling her as im after a newer car, and more specifically a *whispers...cooper s :ph34r: :o

So any interest in the rolla is welcome ;) :thumbsup:

Well all my money is going into the my side line of developing property. :ph34r:

Working Monday to Friday and doing up a house at the same time takes up loads of spare time and cash. Though next Friday I will have sold a flat which will give me some serious cash injection. :D

Though it will go towards the next place i buy.

The rolla? Well she's doing just fine had a service the other week, got new plugs etc and pads. Seems to have a bit more perk to her, plugs must have been a bit worn. She has a set of fensport springs waiting to be fitted, but just never get around to fitting them :wacko: But when she's serving 20k a year for me do I want a harder ride?

Well i never I really get the chance to use TOC much anymore. :(

Sort of thinking about selling the car too as dont 'really' need it due to having a company car, and im thinking about buying a house too.

Not done anything to the car in a while, although still got springs, discs and pads sitting, waiting to go on it.

In two minds whether to keep her and save for a 4agze or to sell up and run the company car for a bit until I see something I really fancy!? .......... :unsure:

I've been quiet on here because most topics/problems/issues are CTS or old skool rwd rolla related which I have no knowledge of.

I'm also getting a house, I have to keep my bank statement looking healthy for the Mortgage Application, so mods plans are gone.

I'll hopefully be uprating the brakes within next 3K

Drilled & Grooved Front disc (£140)

EBC Greenstuff pads (£55)

or

Kevlar pads (£40.50)

all from Fens.

I'm sure there's cheaper, but other sites can never seems to find my car, or I get "Err...yeah... they should fit" or "Is that the Levin?"

suspension was my next plan D2 coilovers.

But "would you fit them on a 8yr old car with almost 145K on the clock?"

Never gonna sell it cos I'll get no money for it.

Sorry 'jack the topic.

laters

Rich K

Ive not been up 2 much. thinkin about selling her soon for an s13 200sx :unsure: cant make my mind up. so in the meentime ive just been getting her back up to scratch, new front wings, new door window switch, got rid of all my stickers and things gonna get her back to standard.

serviced her the other night too at 80k now!!! been to a few shows and meets around a few more to go. then its gonna be christmas :( and thats more money.

i have sold my ae101 corolla 20v to concentrate on modifying my sera project.

it might get finished next spring. ive bought a corolla ee90 sprinter as my everyday transport.

rosco

Done bugger all to my cars in ages :lol::lol: I have some bits sitting around that need to be fitted I just need to find the time.

And at some point I must actively try to sell her :rolleyes::lol::lol:

I work with a guy that has a AE111 and his is sweet ! Ok its only a gs model so the trim inside is poor,but from the outside... Sweet.

He has the wrc front bumper and with an exhaust and some MAHOOsive rally mud flaps and slammed it.And what he has got that no-one , well not that ive noticed is the wrc rear spoiler.

My Webpage

I looks the dogs.Really sorts it out.

Anyone got one fitted?

te only mod ive done to mine was to sell her..and she now lives in Ireland :(....sad but true....but getting out of debt was more important for the time being

I work with a guy that has a AE111 and his is sweet ! Ok its only a gs model so the trim inside is poor,but from the outside... Sweet.

He has the wrc front bumper and with an exhaust and some MAHOOsive rally mud flaps and slammed it.And what he has got that no-one , well not that ive noticed is the wrc rear spoiler.

My Webpage

Anyone got one fitted?

I was tempted by Boosters WRC version, but when i seen one in the flesh, I realised it's on the glass and blocks my line of site. and also you can't have a spoiler like that and not get the rest IMO.

Still very nice though.

My Webpage

Anyone got one fitted?

I was tempted by Boosters WRC version, but when i seen one in the flesh, I realised it's on the glass and blocks my line of site. and also you can't have a spoiler like that and not get the rest IMO.

Still very nice though.

The real WRC spoiler acutually sticks to the screen,but the one hes got it dont stck to the screen,its attached to the side of the tailgate..

Had my Corolla GXI a month now, and i've lowered it 35mm along with KYB shocks all round, made the handling much better :D

Also fitted some Team Dynamics Pro-Race 1.2 Wheels with 195/45/16 tires, i think it looks well better with them on :thumbsup:

finally ive fitted a replacement K&N panel filter, didnt really make much of a difference, but the car feels more responsive at lower revs...

Pics of my car are here

Mike :thumbsup: