Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Cts Owner That Has A Few Q's

Goders

Hi guys,

I've been reading for a couple of weeks now, running searches and checking out info on the CTS. Well I finally picked up my first Toyota CTS 52 plate today and need some help!

I'm thinking of lowering the suspension and using an indiction kit to gain a couple of extra BHP. Not too sure hat to go with on the suspension side so I'm open to ideas / suggestions. I would just like to know how may people have had an induction kit fitted and if they have seen/felt any noticable differences in power? What ones would you recomend?

I also have the TNS 200 Sat Nav system with 01-11 release. Now I'm guessing that this is November 2001 release, so the question I have is, is there a later version available and where doyou get it from?

Cheers for any help,

Goders :thumbsup:

Welcome to TOC Goders :thumbsup:

I can't answer your questions I'm afraid, but from what I've seen on the Yaris Forums both mods are popular choices. I'm sure you'll get lots of good advice from the people here who have those mods on their Yari.

Tony

I've also got a 52 plate cts. I've fitted a k&n typhoon kit and lowered it 35mm on spax springs.

K&n claim the kit gives you 15bhp extra! I'm not sure its quite that much put you certainly notice an improvement. It's worth it for the noise alone and it looks good.

It looks far better now it's lowered, just need bigger wheels now.

hi,

ive got k&n 57i kit, cost me £92... works and sounds really good.. :thumbsup:

also , got some Pi 35mm lowering springs, but not fitted them yet... £98..

try www.toys4cars.biz

:thumbsup: bert

You might get an update disc for the sat nav from Toyota but I belive these are very expensive. I would be inclined to see how you get on with the disc you have.

Does yours cover Europe as well?

is there a later version available and where doyou get it from?

Hi, tns 200, thats the old set up right?CD not dvd ? TGB have discontinued that and ive looked on EAPM and theres no listing of an updated disc..

Hope that can be of help.

Hi guy's, thanks for the replies.

Looks like its a toss-up between the k&n typhoon kit & 57i kit. Just need to do some more investigation into this, as I don't wont anything too loud & noisy. I'm mainly after the performance as its so nice having an unassuming car that has a little go... I like suprising people.

Still unsure about the suspension though. Dunno if I should just do the springs or go for the full kit, again I'll have to look into this.

As for the Sat Nav. I phoned Toyota today and they can provide the 2004/2005 CD for £136 :help: might have to find another way round this. As Gooner say's I'll have to see how I get on with it. Not too sure if Europe is covered - I think not, but unsure.

@ Bert - Thanks for the link, the plastic was flexing but I managed to restrain myself. Little kiddie in a sweet shop springs to mind!

The CD version only covers UK, Europe is on DVD version (fairly sure but sure someone will correct if this is wrong)

You could try looking on eBay for the later disc

@ Daz_3031 & Bert, or anyone else thats has an induction kit fitted to a CTS.

How much difference in noise do you guys hear when you fitted your induction kit?

Cheers for any comments.

@ Daz_3031 & Bert, or anyone else thats has an induction kit fitted to a CTS.

How much difference in noise do you guys hear when you fitted your induction kit?

Cheers for any comments.

hi,

well, when you floor it , there is a nice growl.. when you hit the lift, 6200rpm its more like a roar.. :yes: , but i can also drive gently upto 3500 rpm and cant really hear any difference from standard airbox. which is also good. :thumbsup:

Nice one! I just need to find out where I stand with my warranty. If all is good its going to happen  :thumbsup:

as far as i was told by my dealer , only faults directly associated with modifycations are void from warranty.. you can always put your standard air box back on for repairs and service quite easily and they will never know. :thumbsup:

Nice one! I just need to find out where I stand with my warranty. If all is good its going to happen  :thumbsup:

as far as i was told by my dealer , only faults directly associated with modifycations are void from warranty.. you can always put your standard air box back on for repairs and service quite easily and they will never know. :thumbsup:

i've a cts - it's fast enough as it is isn't it? I suggest getting a life rather than a few more bhp

i've a cts - it's fast enough as it is isn't it? I suggest getting a life rather than a few more bhp

Thanks for the kind useful post. I suggest you find out the full story before passing judgement!

Just some background info, not the your bothered in the slightest. I used to drive a Nissan 300zx twin turbo (550BHP) very highly tuned and uprated, which I used for road and trackday use. This was a monster of a car that had some very serious go (0-60 in 4.2 and was boadering 200mph). The TSport is a pusy cat compared to that car. The only reason for getting rid of it was that it started to cost serious money just to keep running, not to mention the high service costs I had to pay after each and every trackday.

The TSport was chosen as a family car that I still can have fun in. Hopefully this will be going on the track (as I miss the whole driving experience - mind you after 7 years doing trackdays who wouldn't) in the next few months and I would like it to be a bit quicker than stock.

Now I'm not great at engine management, tunning and getting extra go from a car (mechanically) I'm more of a driver and thats what I enjoy. Maybe now you understand why I was asking about other peoples experience with their CTS's.

your just boring zornhead... :P

Thanks for the advice zornhead but i've already got a life as well as a few extra horsepower. They are ok as standard but nothing special.