Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New T Sport

JD27

Can anyone help? When I pull away in 1st gear my 05 plate T Sport makes a grinding noise? It has been at the garage and they are baffled. They think it might just be normal. The garage are going to test drive the display model to see if it makes the same noise, but I think they will fob us off again.

Has anyone else got a 05 plate which does this?

hi,

does it only do it when you first pull away after starting the engine? or does it do it every time you pull away?

mine makes a bit of a noise on first pulling away, i think its the brakes releasing, but this is not really a problem... just the pressure building up in braking system after starting.. so im told anyway...

:thumbsup: bert

hi,

does it only do it when you first pull away after starting the engine? or does it do it every time you pull away?

mine makes a bit of a noise on first pulling away, i think its the brakes releasing, but this is not really a problem... just the pressure building up in braking system after starting.. so im told anyway...

It does only do when you first pull away after starting the engine. The noise is getting worse by the week though, sounds like the car is 10 years old. Never had a new car do this before, shall have to wait and find out what they say.

Thanks for your reply

hi,

It does only do when you first pull away after starting the engine. The noise is getting worse by the week though, sounds like the car is 10 years old. Never had a new car do this before, shall have to wait and find out what they say.

Thanks for your reply

Your dealer must be totally idiot! This is the VSC system self-calibrating at the beginning of your ride. Totally normal, it's even in the manual!

Used to get the same sort of noise from the T/C of my previous car. Would be a crunching sound within the first few yards when pulling away, and then nothing thereafter.

hi,

Thanks for your reply

Your dealer must be totally idiot! This is the VSC system self-calibrating at the beginning of your ride. Totally normal, it's even in the manual!

your right, a total idiot... ive changed to a new one but never asked them about the noise...

its good to know what the noise really is , thanks SKG. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links